Sign in to follow this  
BumpinLTC

1 or 2 ohm?

Now for the question . Is it better to run in a daily driver setup 1 or 2 ohms? I there really a difference between the two besides the resistance in the current.

it matters on how many subs.. and the final ohm load you need for your amp....

if your question is what sub sounds better a 1 2 4 or 8 ohm sub there is no sound diff.

not so much as to how the sub sounds but what are the chances of messing something up with 1 ohm? only want 1 15 bl in the trunk. i guess what i mean is are there any dangers to running at 1 ohm. the amp would be a hifonics 1208d.

If the amp is one ohm stable it is fine.

It's not that easy, lower the ohm and get that much more power, not proportionally anyway. As your ohm goes down, efficiency goes down as well, maybe not as much, but you will not flat out gain what you think you will.

that amp is fine at 1 ohm.

what kinda car?

lower resistance = more pwoer to the subs

not always.

It all depends on the amp you want to run. Just match the sub impedance to match what amp you want to have.

i thought that if you lets say had a saz1500d 1ohm and wired it two .5ohm it would draw more power than 1ohm or 2ohm?

the amp will draw more power, and also get its warrenty voided.

Thanks for the help guys. Buggsson i know there wont be much gain in performance besides power output i was asking more along the lines if i have a higher chance of frying any equipment. BigJon the bl will be going into 93 Lincoln Town Car. Big ass trunk but not sure how big i can go. Lincoln 4 Life.

Thanks for the help guys. Buggsson i know there wont be much gain in performance besides power output i was asking more along the lines if i have a higher chance of frying any equipment. BigJon the bl will be going into 93 Lincoln Town Car. Big ass trunk but not sure how big i can go. Lincoln 4 Life.

the 93 lincoln has a nice trunk.. and a very open clam style trunk,

you can do 2 bl 15's for sure in that trunk.. with plenty of room for amps and batterys....

i had a 93lincoln with 2 L7 15's and a 97 lincoln with 4 w3 12's and 2 jl w6 15,

lets see some pics of that lincoln!

cant put pics up at the moment. Besides its not to pretty at the moment. Whoever owned it before me beat the chit out of it. But its making its recovery. As for two BL's. Maybe not right away. Dont have enough to supply the second bl. But eventually.... As for right now i have the most amazing sub ever. The godly XPLOD12. :Doh:

lol that is a sweet ass sub lol..

the Qs really sound good too....

if your goal is oneway to have 2 bls.

i would get them both now.. run both subs under powered.. and save for a better amp..

the reasons.. if you need a 1 ohm load now at the amp your gonna buy a D2 sub...

but if you want 2 subs at 1 ohm then you will need D1 subs..... see what im sayin..

you cant really buy one now.. and then buy one later if you plan to play right away

ok i see what your saying. the thing is idk where to find anyone in the St. Paul Area that can build a box that can house two of those beasts. as for the electrical. i think i could handle that cost. but if was to eventually run the two on 2k rms what would i need to do to my electrical besides the big 3? biggest issue is the box.

cant put pics up at the moment. Besides its not to pretty at the moment. Whoever owned it before me beat the chit out of it. But its making its recovery. As for two BL's. Maybe not right away. Dont have enough to supply the second bl. But eventually.... As for right now i have the most amazing sub ever. The godly XPLOD12. :Doh:

I never had any luck with the xplodes, because they did just that. 1 ohm pulls more from the amp than 2 ohm. your amp will be fine at one ohm, I have a Matts Pro audio 3000.05 on 2 jl w6s, I am bout to buy 2 Incriminator death penalty 12s and the ever famous 10kw rms mono block kicker warhorse amp.kicker_warhorse.jpgDP_MEDIUM138.jpg

your gonna buy a 10000 dollor amp huh...... :yaya:

ok i see what your saying. the thing is idk where to find anyone in the St. Paul Area that can build a box that can house two of those beasts. as for the electrical. i think i could handle that cost. but if was to eventually run the two on 2k rms what would i need to do to my electrical besides the big 3? biggest issue is the box.

a local shop should be able to do the task for you.... you can even get blue prints from someone here... and then just give them the blue prints...

well that amp is shy of 2k but you should do the big three, run a run of 0 gauge to the rear just to be on the safe side.. and maybe replace your front cell...

but if that lincoln has a 4.6L then it has a 130 amp alt and a 800 cca battery group 35.

130 amp alt you should be fine for 1800 watts or so...

the other route would be

0 gauge, leave the cell under the hood, and then slap a sealed cell in the trunk.. nothing over price just a cheap optima and you will be great!