Sign in to follow this  
ShaneSauce

Golf club hits 130 db

Just thought this was kinda weird I saw it on the 6pm local news.

The headline was like,

"New golfclubs damaging to hearing"

They had a chart and everything and the "sonic boom" titanium golf club hit like 130 db at 1 ft away from the golfball when it was hit.

I remember going out to the golfing range and hitting some 200 yarders but I don't remember it being loud.

Just thought it was kinda interesting.

I'd believe it. The Cleveland Hi bore drivers have a nasty loud sound to them leaves a ringing in your ears. You can hear those from about 300 yards away.

when i hit my king cobra driver in the right spot, with enough speed (105+ mph club head speed) it will make my ears ring real nice. it has to do with the material because i havent had it happen with other drivers or irons.

i havent hit any new drivers, i dont golf much since im out of high school, to damn expensive...

Edited by lithium

I'd believe it. The Cleveland Hi bore drivers have a nasty loud sound to them leaves a ringing in your ears. You can hear those from about 300 yards away.

very, very nifty club. hit my fathers hi bore xl and it's pretty different from the norm.

very, very nifty club. hit my fathers hi bore xl and it's pretty different from the norm.

They do go pretty far, I almost got an XLS but then I remembered golfing with someone with an XL and couldnt stand the sound on them. I not to fond of the way they look standing over them either.

They do go pretty far, I almost got an XLS but then I remembered golfing with someone with an XL and couldnt stand the sound on them. I not to fond of the way they look standing over them either.

ha yeah I really didn't like the way it swung it was like top heavy or something but that's also cause i'm not too good at golf.

I like a heavier swing weight, makes me feel like I am swinging something instead of air.

x2

i also hate the giant heads new drivers have now. anything over like 380cc looks like a waste to me

x2

i also hate the giant heads new drivers have now. anything over like 380cc looks like a waste to me

Size of the club head isn't as much a problem for me as the shape is. My R7 SuperQuad looks fine standing over it I believe it is 400 or more cc's, it actually looks smaller then it is. I dont care for the funky shapes like the Nike Sumo looks like a toaster oven when standing over it.

Didnt know we had some golfers on this site haha.

You can hear them pretty far away though...

I dont golf, but I like to disc golf or "Frolf" which is insanely fun.