Sign in to follow this  
abervintageman42

box help

okay guys, i am lookin to build a new box for my 2 12" kicker cvr's, i am wanting around 34hz for tuning and here are the dimensions i have to work with, 39"w x 17"h x 17.5"d and plans would be great i am either looking for the port and subs facing the same direction or subs foward firing and port side firing, any plans would be nice, and i am looking for a slot port, i am not going to mess with a pipe since i dont have a hole saw, thanks in advance.

he's looking for most output he can

he has about 400w to each sub if that helps any.

thanks to caligreen i was told that the RE box calculator works pretty well, anyone have personal experience with it? it says i should have 33.67hz tuning w/ 4.603 cu. ft. i think that should sound pretty decent

you know that box is going to be like 2 times the size of the one i had my ssd in....

you know that box is going to be like 2 times the size of the one i had my ssd in....

how'd your 18 turn out on the 3000d?

thanks to caligreen i was told that the RE box calculator works pretty well, anyone have personal experience with it? it says i should have 33.67hz tuning w/ 4.603 cu. ft. i think that should sound pretty decent

I've never used it... I just do the math... :P

that box will probably be just about right for the cvr's, they like a big box... the last cvr box I built was roughly 3.5 tuned 35... didn't sound too bad, personally I don't like the sound of the cvr's, but opinions may vary :)

how much port are you planning??

i have the dimensions and everything written down somewhere but its going to be 4.603 cu. ft. tuned to 33.67 hz so it should be a decent improvement from my current box, i love my cvr's they are not insanely loud thats for sure but its only 400rms per sub, they have sounded good in every box i have had them in and never had any problems, and i used to clip the hell out of these subs too until i discovered how to properly tune an amp

and he will probaly have a similar answer but damn does that thing bump! hits very hard but sounds clean at the same time

the btl loves the 3000d, im just waiting til i get my truck back now from the body shop, so i can remove the back seat, and build a amp rack, run 0 gauge and also hook up a yellow top im getting.

the btl sounds great in the box, i made a double baffle the other week for it, and i sealed every crevace shut. thanks again for the help!

Here is a box I came up with: Pretty much build the box to the dimensions you gave. 39" wide x 17" high x 17.5" deep. That gives you about 5.4 cubes. The port I came up with- 15.5"h x 3"w x 18" long, displaces .6. That leaves you with .2 cubes for driver displacement, which is close enough, to get to your 4.6 cubes net tuned to 34 hz.

thanks man, thats actually almost the exact dimensions RE audio calculator gave me and i printed the cut sheet so i guess im gonna use that design, i will put pics up when i finish, i wont start until next weekend though

sounds good, good luck on the build and dont forget to round off corners and seal it up nice.

thanks eric, i will seal everything up for sure, but i am doing this at my friends house so hopefully he has a router or sander to round the corners off with