Smanleyman

Kicker Solo Classics WTF!!!

I just went to kickers site to look up info on my cousins comps and their entire site has been redone and they have a new sub in their lineup, the solo classic. They claim it to be very musical in small sealed enclosures, and now im really curious if maybe kicker has finally made something halfway worthwhile... anyone know anything about them?

I like mine.. Don't know when I will ever use them again but... Mint in box S10c2's That do sound great though.

solos.JPG

solosa.JPG

solos2.JPG

old school son!

i hope they live up to the sq reputation of the original solobarics, and not the spl garbage they have morphed into through the years.

Kicker also is making earbuds now.

Wonder if theyll be any good.

Kicker also is making earbuds now.

Wonder if theyll be any good.

i seen those. thought about gettin a set since i can for cheap, but in-ear hurt my ears. =[

New components also, to replace the SS series. Called the QS, they sound promising.

Kicker? Promising? That's An Oxymoron. :|

I run Kicker SS components, and they are phenomenal. If the QS series replaces them I am interested.

I like mine.. Don't know when I will ever use them again but... Mint in box S10c2's That do sound great though.

solos.JPG

solosa.JPG

solos2.JPG

old school son!

hehe I used these when I pulled the 4 S8a4's I was running. :)

I run Kicker SS components, and they are phenomenal. If the QS series replaces them I am interested.

I run kicker ssmb6 midranges. They are awesome.

I miss my old s15c. Regret selling it.

i was suppose to have those older model kickers a long time ago. But they were stolen during shipment. All I got was an envelope from the post office saying the package was lost. And since no insurance was put on it I got nothing :(

ive never heard the old school kickers but it sounds like they were pretty nice? I really wanna hear one of these new guys and see if kicker actually made something worth listening to again. Anyone have a clue on release date?

I sold both of mine.. they were absolutely mint to. Regret it big time.

The new ones are fugly.

S10CFR_L.thumbnail.jpg

why does kicker make there cones so gay, it almost looks non functional, kinda like there designing rims or sumthin just glad its not shiny lol

The new ones are fugly.

S10CFR_L.thumbnail.jpg

why does kicker make there cones so gay, it almost looks non functional, kinda like there designing rims or sumthin just glad its not shiny lol

They took the cone from the SoloX, which was extremely popular. They are very functional cones, SoloKon is extremely sturdy and durable. It will no flex.

As everyone else said... the old sXXd series and sXXc series solos were amazing. I used to run 2 mint s12d's in my e46 bmw's and that is still one of my favorite systems for sq. Wasn't the loudest setup in the world, but it was uber clean.

I'm curious how these new ones will perform. Hopefully they will be cleaner than the L5's and L7's. I just did an install on 2 12" L7's and man does it hit hard. I built the box to get them as clean as possible and did a decent job of it, but I could only do so much. Definitely interested in seeing how the new ones stack up.

i was suppose to have those older model kickers a long time ago. But they were stolen during shipment. All I got was an envelope from the post office saying the package was lost. And since no insurance was put on it I got nothing :(

Ouch, sorry to hear that. It seems everyone has one of those stories.

I kinda like the old school solo look better myself. A buddy of mine put 2 8" old schools in a acura integra and people swore he had a set of 12's.

I sold both of mine.. they were absolutely mint to. Regret it big time.

I know the feeling. A few years ago I was tempted to order a similar model directly from Credence.