Sign in to follow this  
tahoexfixssd

94' Yukon. 8 12'''s Tahoexfixssd's build

My name is Kyle Golden, im 17, and this is my 1994 GMC Yukon.

meandthetahoe.jpg

Kyle3dmall.jpg

Kyle5small.jpg

smd2.jpg

250.jpg

It was fully built by me at age 16. The only thing i did notdo completly by myself was the paint and prep. My parents bought the original vehicle for me for 2k before i even had my license. I had been installing for almost a year at that time and learned all of my knowledge from fiends at local shops, 10 years worth of CA&E magazines, and numerous online forums and tutorial sites. I began work on it in May of 2007 and started by complety gutting the entire vehicle. ever since i began lookin at pictures in CA&E when i was liek 5 i had always had a vision of MY system in my head. I had also been doing alot of installs for people at my school and every one was braggin about how loud theirs was and what not. So i decided to put my dream to life and show everyone waht i was made of. Here are some pics of the original yukon and the first stages of the build.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

I took almost 400 pictures over the course of the year that i worked on it but i wanna make this short lol.

First thing i did was layer everything with 2 layers of Sound Destroyeer mat.

78.jpg

79.jpg

The vehicle to start out with only had 4 stock speakers and they were 4x6 and 4x10. Oviously somthing had to be done by that so i fiberglassd Alpine SPR-15s componants into the dash and to save time, bought Q-Forms kicks also. I fiberglassed another set of Alpine DDDrive componants into the b pillars for the rear stage and custom made roof brackets for Alpine 6x9's.

41.jpg

40.jpg

112.jpg

.The yukon also had a joke of a console so i built one up out of 1/2" and 3/4" mdf, smoothed it out with polyglass, and wrapped it in vinyl. It holds the Alpine IVA-D310, relocated a/c controls. neon switches, cd cahnger and much more. I even made it to where a hidden tire thumper pops up through a slot under the lid. The lid was made out of 1/4" mdf and alot of polyglass. it holds an Alpine 6 1/2 screen. I chamfered the edges of the side panels to give a nice look. All of the wiring in the console is wired into a custom made harness that plugs into the reverse harness under the dash.

80.jpg

84.jpg

95.jpg

124.jpg

128.jpg

132.jpg

As far as the subwoofer enclosure goes i went with 8 12's. I used 6" roundports tuned to 38hz, but to achieve the right look i wanted with the amprack in back, i had to face the ports forward, not the best thing tho do but with the backseat up it works nicely. I wanted to start out with entry level woofers and then upgrade to Fi SSD's later. I got a good deal on some Kicker C12's so thats what i stuck with. The back of the enclosure is the amprack, 2 4" alpine speakers that are on their own volume control, and a plexiglass window.

66.jpg

67.jpg

73.jpg

121.jpg

157.jpg

When i was little i always wanted a set of Image Dynamics IDQ31 EQ's. well i came across a pair of them but didnt have space for them originally. So i decided to build a custom enclosure out of fiberglass and wood on the tailgate to house the EQ's, a Sony Playstation, and the controls for my guitar hookup

43.jpg

46.jpg

50.jpg

54.jpg

135.jpg

As far as all the wiring, brains, relays, crossovers and all of the hidden componants go they are all hidden under the side panels. The complete list of all of the componants is below. I re-wrapped the door panals with black autofab carpet, gray vinyl, and the fuzzy cowskin, as well as the headliner, and rear panals. All of the wiring is DB link and Scosche 4 and 8 guage.

145.jpg

141.jpg

172.jpg

180.jpg

All of the interior panels, dash, tailgate, and B pillars were painted with black interior paint. The whole interior is wired up with Optyx LED strips that are controlled by the switches in the colsole or the music interface in the glovebox. I used over 30 rolls of 14, 16, and 18 gauge color coded wire on the inside.

222.jpg

234.jpg

200.jpg

214.jpg

To protect it all I wired in an Audiovox Prestige paging alarm/ remote start system. The alarm also triggers the negative input of a DVR box under the passenger seat that records on 4 nightvision cameras hidden throughout the vehicle. These cameras are multiplexed and can be viewed on any screen.

As far as the exterior goes it was stripped, a FBI rollpan was welded on as well as an FBI smoothie front bumper. It was all painted super white with blue flakes visible in daylight. Windows were tinted 40% and 0% and all of the moldings shaved. 20

what did you get when you metered what meter and whats the specs on the box. every thing looks great good job.

umm i got a 146.2 at 37 hz at under 12 volts because my batterys failed me. this was at a local show with an audiocontrol meter. the next day it termed at 144 on the dash. i was pretty happy with it. the specs on the box.... for some reason unknown to me right now was to make 4 separate chambers in the box and each chamber had around 2.8cu.ft. the ports wer tuned around 37.

looks real good,clean and pretty darn professional if you ask me. plenty of room for audio/interior upgrades but the exterior looks real nice io keep up the good work

very clean!

Damn nice install!! I wish I would have thought things out that much when I was a kid.

2.8 is a little small for a pair of 12's. what are you making the new box?

well not really the kicker comps really only called for 1.5 anyway so it worked out nice and i didnt have alot of room to work with anyway. the new one is 17.

Edited by tahoexfixssd

That is awesome. What you accomplished, at the age of 16, a lot of people will never do. Good motivation for the younger crowd around here; shows what a little (or a lot :)) of hard work will do!

That is awesome. What you accomplished, at the age of 16, a lot of people will never do. Good motivation for the younger crowd around here; shows what a little (or a lot :)) of hard work will do!

haha thanksss. lol that was a year of blood sweat and tearss

didn't I see somewhere you ripped all that out and were rebuilding everything?

Pics!

ya man thats on anothher thread i posted right after this one

didn't I see somewhere you ripped all that out and were rebuilding everything?

Pics!

ya man thats on anothher thread i posted right after this one

sorry, my bad for not looking.... :Doh:

nice job man! that is serious dedication and really really great work!

i wish i had the time and i'd have been doing the same thing but not when i was 16.

Those processors look great on the tailgate.

Those processors look great on the tailgate.

I agree. Just an excellent job all around.

u sir did an excelent job on this!

U know ur shit, i must say!

and at 16 damn!

Love the white suit. Great work!