tahoexfixssd

94' Yukon Rebuild. 8 12" Fi SSD's

daaaaaaaaaaaaammmn

thats going to be a sick tahoe!!! when you plan on shaving the handles? what kit are you going to use?

oh yeah, just asking...where you get the money for all this?

daaaaaaaaaaaaammmn

thats going to be a sick tahoe!!! when you plan on shaving the handles? what kit are you going to use?

I was just thinking that!!!

LAWD quit saying stuff before i can!!

daaaaaaaaaaaaammmn

haha for the money... i put in systems every day and make alot doing it. if u wanna see some of my builds go to www.myspace.com/kgdesignsautosound

and funny thing u ask about the doors.. i tried taking the damn handle assembly out yesterday and i can get it. i got the 2 bolts out but it keeps getting hung up on the lever/spring thing at the top and the lock at the bottom. and to take out the inner door looks like taking out the glass :( can u give me any tips at all cuz i noticed yours are shaved and its basicly the same door?

What you doing with the comp 12"s?

I think I could have some fun with those and the 4 door Corolla siting outside..... hmmmm

Any new developments? How's it coming?

im getting new pics up tonight i just finished glassing sanding and painting the inside of the box. i gotta get some mdf tongiht and build the front/amp rack. i can get some pics up in an hour or so acually

alrite i got all the glassin done so heres the well needed pics!

boxes3037.jpg

boxes3038.jpg

boxes3039.jpg

boxes3040.jpg

boxes3041.jpg

these pics were taken during the first layers of glassing. ther is 3 or more layers of matt of everything. as well as about 1/4 of resin in the bottom to smooth it out. after that i sanded all the roughest spots and smoothed it out as much as i could with filler. then put 3 coats of resin over the top of that. after it was as smooth as i could get it i painted it up with some high gloss white paint.

boxes3042.jpg

boxes3043.jpg

boxes3044.jpg

boxes3045.jpg

boxes3046.jpg

boxes3047.jpg

i had to take out a brace to paint easier but i have to put that back as well as 2 more and some all thread :) the front will be put on this weekend!

I wish I had all that room to work in. How many cubes is that box?

How many do the subs need? Is that the max/min for the subs?

How many do the subs need? Is that the max/min for the subs?

It's on the small side for the subs.

that was the maximum i could get outta the space i had. im sure they could use a lil bit more but it should be alrite

It's like 2 cubes per woofer. Not to bad..... could be a tad bigger.

I get to go big with my box. :ninja:

alrietyy i got some more picsss.

i put 2 more vertical 2x4 braces in and also 45'd the bottom and made it all nice and smooth with some culk. i also added a piece of allthread on the main supports.

102_1993.jpg

102_1994.jpg

102_1995.jpg

102_1996.jpg

102_1997.jpg

i first glued the back board on with come liquid nails and then countersunk and screwed it all. a piece of 1/2 will be added to this later for the amps to mount to.

102_1999.jpg

102_2000.jpg

102_2001.jpg

102_2004.jpg

i have to touch up the inside a little bit, i used come cult the was white the dried clear lol gotta paint over that. but so far the paint is hard as a rock!

102_2014.jpg

here is is with the amp and side trim panels in place. i was going to make new ones but upon ripping the vinyl off the old, realized that they just needed a little bit of trimming and cleanin up and theyl work fine!

BTW the XTC baffles are for some selenium super tweets. they have a layer of matt of the back so they are sturdy. i think once i get the tweeter in they will beairtight anyway so there is no posiblility of flex.

Keep it coming! Do you have an estimated finish date?

Nice lookin work so far! I don't think I have the time, money, tools, or PATIENCE! Looking foward to seeing more.

Keep it coming! Do you have an estimated finish date?

umm prom is may 9th so thats when im shootin for. it happnd last year and i tbest happen this year hahah

Great work!

still comin along great man. this is wayy to much work then i would ever have patience to put into an install, i like to get stuff done that day lol. you def have alot of patience on this build.

great work man i seen this build on SMD and it looks better and better everytime i look at it

alrite ive been busy waiting to wrap my trim panels until the shipment from parts express comes in (it came today) that contains the grill guides i need to install before ei wrap the amp trim and make the battery trim panel. i decided to make a fiberglass mount for my rear screen to mount to. if anyone has seen it in person or rermembers from pics that it was mounted up at the last minute literally minutes before i left my house to go to prom and it was at an angle and did not conform to the curves of the headliner and looked half ass. i never got around to doing this last year but here it is. and it looks a millions times better.

screenmountold.jpg

the old look^^^^^

102_1901.jpg

made a frame out of 1/4 inch mdf and used some kerfin techniques :)

102_1902.jpg

102_1904.jpg

102_2130.jpg

glassed and ground downn

102_2134.jpg

couple layerrs of filler to smooth it all out.

102_2135.jpg

added the braces that the screen will mount to the headliner with and wrapped it in black vinyl to match everthing else.

102_2137.jpg

102_2138.jpg

102_2141.jpg

102_2144.jpg

102_2146.jpg

LOOKS SEXAYY lol.

i also have been working on a new console lid. everything is stored in the back room of my garage and my mom doesnt realize chit is fragile and set a bunch of stuff on top of the console, knicking up the vinyl on the console lid. i was really pissed becasue that took FOREVER to wrap in vinyl. but i saw it as an opertunity to do somthing bettter with the armrest pad lol....

102_2156.jpg

cut it all off!

102_2157.jpg

102_2158.jpg

made a new armrest pad frame out of 1/4mdf, wrapped it up in tape and propped it up about an 1/8 with double sided tape to compensate for vinyl.

102_2160.jpg

used body filler to buildup a nice angle around the endges and sanded it smooth

102_2162.jpg

popped insert out and now we have a nice contoured edge.

102_2164.jpg

sanded the edges of the insert down a bit to compensate for vinyl and here we have the insert in! it will alter be covered in grey vinyl with an embroidered KG logo and the rest will be recovered in black!