Sign in to follow this  
JBerger

Knukonceptz

I'm looking to buy around 50 ft of 1/0 awg power and 25 ft of 1/0 awg ground wire.

Whats every ones thoughts on knukonceptz?

It was introduced to me by a local friend and I'd like to know what you guys think of it.....

I use the 4 and 8 gauge ground and power wire, and i have not had any problems. i use their speaker wire and rca's as well. the only complaint that i have with the rca's is that sometimes the rca housing does not stay together. i think that they usedcheap glue or not enough glue to keep them together. hope this helps :)

Cool. I'm really only concerned with there power and ground wires.

I'm running all Metra wire right now. I love the RCA's/Speaker Wire but

not so much the power/ground wire. Don't get me wrong, it works great just

as it should, but it has NO flex at all and I'm moving up to 1/0 awg do to some

up coming upgrades to the Amp/Sub combo..........

The 1/0 gauge is much bigger than actual 1/0 gauge wire (more like 1.5/0 gauge), it's also incredibly flexible if you get the top grade power wire from them. It can literally fold in half against itself and the wire looks real nice too (I got the charcoal color). Most people will recommend that you use welding supply wire, which will probably work just as good if not better, unless you really need the flexability.

two kinds they make.... copper and copper coated aluminum clad.

i use them.. shit its cheap thick wire..

getting their CCA 1/0 is similar to 2 or 3 AWG 100% OFC

get the 1/0 welding wire at Weldingsupply.com its like $1.90 a foot, great, 100% copper, very flexable, all around good wire...

im using the welding wire for my grounding. pretty flexible stuff.

i think i would run the knu 1/0 for the power wire because it is bigger and pretty darn flexible, bigger wire is always better :)

Fast shipping, awesome wire, good customer support.

I like em.

:+1:

i get all my stuff through them..great fast shipping..not 1 problem..and their flex power wire is amazing...0/1 ga like a wet noodle

I order everything there. They have good prices and ship very fast. I have never had a problem with the wire. I use the klm or klmx wire. and it is flexible enough for an ordinary install.

Great customer service. good people to deal with.

Very flexible and high strand count wire.

They will be the only company i will purchase wire/rca's etc. from

Dont let me forget the fast shipping ;)

for regular demands it seems to be pretty decent wire.

Watch the copper clad aluminum vs the true copper. Aluminum cannot pass as much current. I'm not sure of the exact ratio but it takes a larger gauge of aluminum to pass the same current as copper.. something like 2 gauge of aluminum clad is like 4 gauge of copper... not exact but like I said I'm not real sure of the exact conversion..

**The aluminum wire is cheaper than the copper.

**good flexible wire...

I'm going to recommend the welding wire. Best stuff I have used. BUT Knu Konceptz is great too!

I used to use stinger wire a lot but its more expensive and not nearly as good as Knukonceptz wire.. I would highly recommend using Knukonceptz for your car. that reminds me.. I need to redo my run from the hood to the back lol

I'm going to recommend the welding wire. Best stuff I have used. BUT Knu Konceptz is great too!

The welding wire that we get for my work is SUPER flexible and much larger than any car audio wire (it's for desiel engines-i.e. it's coated in something completly different--it's a soft black rubber, then a paper then the wire..).. it's softer than hell... the wire strands are about the consistancy of a females hair.. almost feels silky... it's some good stuff... but I think it's 12+ per foot...our cost.