NDMstang65

CES Fi Style

So the 22" is in the works?

And is it for home theater?

Or for car audio?

Also I would like to see the "production lines" like where all the subs are glued together and everything.

So the 22" is in the works?

And is it for home theater?

Or for car audio?

Also I would like to see the "production lines" like where all the subs are glued together and everything.

Reworking the basket a little bit for the final tooling...as Scott has already said

Both home and car, we're doing a *possible* BL, Definite BTL. Along with a modified IB3 version for the home theater crowd...

Good god.

Next build you can be damn sure at least 1 22" is going in the back.

At least whenever I can get a bigger vehicle...

:bigclap:

This 22" will require a huge box, making it ideal for home theater applications as well as SPL systems in vans and huge SUV's like Excursions and Suburbans. This thing ain't going in a Honda. I want one. When will they be ready?

This 22" will require a huge box, making it ideal for home theater applications as well as SPL systems in vans and huge SUV's like Excursions and Suburbans. This thing ain't going in a Honda. I want one. When will they be ready?

No it wont...

If you put a decently strong motor on it, it simply isn't going to need a huge box. We're not going to make something that is impractical, undermotored, and requires a huge box to get any sort of decent output to it.

Sit back...relax...we've got it under control :)

Depends on what Honda it is ;) I know people will shove one back there. We do have some prelim specs for things based off of the BLs and BTLs. I will play with them a little more based on both a composite and paper cone and see vs the $$$ what the specs look like. So far the BTL wont care about the extra mass... BL is a little more finicky about it.

22" BTL's :rockwoot: Is there an ETA for any of this? Thanks.

2x

and the 22" BTL shouldnt cost that much more ... right?? :bigclap: :bigclap:

or unless I find an out of work composites worker that wants to relocate ;)

lol, I work as a composite technician for an airplane comp. company here in TX but I don't think I could move to Vegas anytime soon ;)

Damn!!!!

Now, I gotta buy a bigger vehicle to fit my system goals

The big three auto makers is going to love this news!!!

I'v gotta get one or two of those. :woot:

This honestly makes me reconsider getting a sedan for college as opposed to something that would fit 22 inch subwoofer...

This honestly makes me reconsider getting a sedan for college as opposed to something that would fit 22 inch subwoofer...

Wall it :)

If that was the pole piece for the SMD woofer being machined, I am EXTREMELY impressed. Wow. That's a lot of work right there. It appears it will have excelent cooling! Kudos to you!

Will there be a 22" basket version of the one on the SMD subwoofer?

That was a BL pole. SMD and BTL have a fair amount more work on them then that.

A 22" SMD is remains to be seen. I have the drawings done and things quoted for tooling. We will wait and see how the first run of 15s and 18s do and go from there.

Cadillac Matt... hmmm maybe we need to talk a little more. Mind making me some 22" cones in that monster autoclave you have in your garage??? ;)

No date for the 22" BTL. Im not a big fan of dates given unforeseen delays. Much rather pop them out on the site when they are available like usual. Things just got a little leaked about the 22", and I had to say something and post a pic to show its not vaporware...lol.

Thanks,

Scott

Just bumping this up so it's easier for me to find. I was considering buying the 22" AA/SMD sub when it came out, but if I can recone my BTL to a 22 instead I'd prefer to keep the Fi Logo :)

Been close to 2 and half years now and I'm still so pleased with these things.

how will the btl compare to the Incrimnator audio warden 21?

how do 18 btls compare to other 18" woofers out there....it's just a larger woofer...

am excited for this 22inch beast.

my question what would be the price range in the btl series?

will it be double or triple stack 11 1/4inch magnet?

It's not going to be any different then any of the other BTL's..it'l be the same motor...so a single stack of 11.25"