jonbearsmt

time to lose weight.

I know everybody is telling you to replace your "breads" with "whole grain breads" but do your research, cut ALL carbs out of your diet. The only carbs you should be eatting are ones that come from fruits and vegetables. Trust me on this, you will feel better, your blood sugar will be more normal. And as long as you count your calories you will lose weight. And this all comes from personal experience. Btw fats are NOT your enemy. (Saturated fats are good for you as well) Your body needs fats, and ample amounts of it, as well as protein. We sadly live in this hugely agricultural society where we all pig out on soda, breads, and starches. This really leads to a lot of influence from the wrong people on what the "right" diet is.

Edit: Also as a side note, if you have to go eat out and say get a hamburger, take the buns off and you've taken off the biggest problem. Don't order fries, and grab a water. Also, most of the knowledge I am giving to you comes from a personal trainer of mine, one thing he enforced was a Paleolithic diet, I strongly urge you to look it up.

Edited by Xinux

I'm 240lbs and 5'7". It's time for me to buy a wii or xbox kinect. :sleepwerd4:

Edited by KMS

I know everybody is telling you to replace your "breads" with "whole grain breads" but do your research, cut ALL carbs out of your diet. The only carbs you should be eatting are ones that come from fruits and vegetables. Trust me on this, you will feel better, your blood sugar will be more normal. And as long as you count your calories you will lose weight. And this all comes from personal experience. Btw fats are NOT your enemy. (Saturated fats are good for you as well) Your body needs fats, and ample amounts of it, as well as protein. We sadly live in this hugely agricultural society where we all pig out on soda, breads, and starches. This really leads to a lot of influence from the wrong people on what the "right" diet is.

Edit: Also as a side note, if you have to go eat out and say get a hamburger, take the buns off and you've taken off the biggest problem. Don't order fries, and grab a water. Also, most of the knowledge I am giving to you comes from a personal trainer of mine, one thing he enforced was a Paleolithic diet, I strongly urge you to look it up.

This is exactly what I tell almost all my clients. Your body needs those other fats to secret lipase. Fats like cla bpa nla and what not. Lipase is the process of pulling apart and shrink stored fat cells. Great idle here.

Also you do need your carbs from veggies. Breads do suck ass. However the carbs that you need will have to suffice your protein intake. Without carbs your body will not under go glycolysis and you will defeat the ideal behind the krebs cycle.

Do you guys need me to send you sample of weightless supplements? If so please feel free to pm me. I can have them out tomorrow.

I work at complete nutrition btw.

LOL@cut all carbs. You guys are telling a 425 pound man to cut all carbs from his diet? That's why diets fail. Cut all the bad stuff out in small portions, then go from there.

OP, you need to figure out how much you should to be eating a day to lose weight the healthy way. I'm about 90% sure you're starving yourself which is doing more harm than good. I'd assume someone your size should be cutting at around 3500 cals a day. Maybe a little less.

^^^ what he said

rollercoaster diet fail

LOL@cut all carbs. You guys are telling a 425 pound man to cut all carbs from his diet? That's why diets fail. Cut all the bad stuff out in small portions, then go from there.

OP, you need to figure out how much you should to be eating a day to lose weight the healthy way. I'm about 90% sure you're starving yourself which is doing more harm than good. I'd assume someone your size should be cutting at around 3500 cals a day. Maybe a little less.

Idk if your referring to me. If so your mistaken. I said BREAD carbs. And to maintain them from veggies and fruits. I specifically explained why you need carbs.

Details in the above post.

Idk if your referring to me. If so your mistaken. I said BREAD carbs. And to maintain them from veggies and fruits. I specifically explained why you need carbs.

It's still not gonna happen, though. He's so use to eating those kinds of food, that dropping them like that is gonna be hard. Cutting them out in small portions is the way to go.

It's still not gonna happen, though. He's so use to eating those kinds of food, that dropping them like that is gonna be hard. Cutting them out in small portions is the way to go.

agreed

Keep up the good work Jon! I have a suggestion for you though. Have you had a stress test done in the last few years? The size you were I would strongly suggest you get one done. Just to be sure your circulatory system is strong and clear. I talked my 57 year old father into finally going and they found 99% blockage in his main artery. He didnt even feel bad...

Jon your an inspiration to a lot of guys here. I clocked in at ~10 pounds lighter than you. Right now I'm at 371.

I'm not going to argue about drop all the carbs or just some. For you what matters is that you are doing something.

If you haven't yet write down goals. Start with your absolute ultimate goal. Be specific, and make it something you actually want. After that make one for today, the week, then one for the month, then 6 months and then a goal before 2012.

Don't think it. Write it down. No one is exempt from needing to writing it down. Thinking it and planning it doesn't work. Write it down, and sign your name to it. Then if you can put it on your computer as wallpaper. Or next to the mirror.

Keep your resolve strong and you will get as far as you want in your efforts.

agreed

I think cutting out starches/grains should be done cold turkey. It's the most effecient way, and yeilds benefits an order of magnitude higher than cutting out 90%. If you cut ALL you will get more than 10 times the result vs cutting out 90%. The rapid weight loss will be a larger motivation and solidify resolve better than the allowance of some "treat" of grains or bread.

I actually say cut our sugary/starchy fruit too. You NEED protein and fat but there are no essential carbs. The human body can synthesize the energy it needs from amino acids and fatty acids. If you get a LOT of vegis in your day like we all should and then a large portion of protein the body is fed.

im not starving.. i feed hungry when its time to eat now, and im watching the kinda things .. like i said flipping the pack of what ever your about to buy to read its calorie amout is strong for me..

i did go on vacation last weekend and it fucked me up big time.. i gained 4 lbs.. but im back in my diet to win it.. i have already lost the 4 lbs i gained from the weekend, and looking forwerd to breaking the 400 mark,,

thanks guys,

o yeah i seen a few other people saying how tall they are, im 6'3

Hey bigjon, I am pulling for you. It has been a couple of weeks any updates on your progress?

Pullin for ya as well brother. keep us up to date man!!!!

J

i have been eating wrong at times.. i have been so very busy with work.,.,. but still working out.. im stuck at 433 ill get back on it,

As long as you keep going, it will happen. Even if it is only a 20 minute work out, every little bit counts. :)