jonbearsmt

time to lose weight.

Best of luck bigjon! I'm working on dropping about 30-50lbs myself, currently 5'11" around 240. I work late nights and have a hard time eating 2 meals let alone 5-6. I think it's great that you can come to a forum for car audio and have people give genuine hepfull advice on something not related to just car audio. Definitely keep us up to date with your progress.

Maybe Steve will be able to pop in and help out. I have not been over weight so I don't really have the background. When you reach your goal weight, and want to tone and gain strength I can help then. :)

yeah man you do have alot of support here at ssa, i have never been overweight...but i do have to maintain my weight for my MMA events. being 5'8" and 155 pounds i can go anywhere from 170 to 135 when im not excercising. I dont eat as healthy as i use to, I drink too much mountain dew. I would always put in extra effort at work when I needed cut weight, and cardio is good for you too. I like to snack on edamame (those bean things in the pods) all day because it keeps me from chowing down on food and stuffing myself; and it is very healthy for you.

I used to smoke too, back in high school. I havent really done it that much lately...but occasionally I still do. It makes me eat alot whenever I do though. And it makes me LAZY! which is bad if your trying to lose weight before a weigh in for a fight.

maybe you will have to change your screen name to lil' jon in the future...

nah buddy ill never be little im a big man anyhow.

well ssaer.

i decided to work on my problem areas first....

i went from drinking a gallon of sweet tea and a few cokes aday... to water and a few diet cokes a day..

no sweets, NONE at all.... so its a huge change..

and also i try to eat at home as much as i can.. grilled or baked chicken, rice, greens and such.

im fored to eat on the road at least once a day here in the past week... but insead of a cheese burger or somthing i get the grilled chicken brest,

so far not alot of changes... i guess im wakin up sooner... but im keeping up with it....

i also started reading all the shit i was eating..... calories and such...

i know i was eating 1 fired chicken brest for a long time.. i sence stoped i found out its like 700 cals...

funny story...

i was stupid busy the other day.. and i had not eaten a thing.. it was 2pm by this time... i stoped at a store got a water.. and a blue berry muffin plain jane.... i ate that shit.. it was great... then i turned over the package to check the stats.. 650 cals....COCKSUCKER>

smoking does not make me hungry... i have been smoking ganja for 13 years or so...

ill smoke and build some shit... or do somthing important....

fuctional FTW

spelling not so much.

X2 yeah, your lucky...functional FTW

my vises are sweet tea.

bread

baked lays,

fried chicken

ice cream

weed

budlight 2 weekends a month

and sleep!

I feel your pain on all of these, except add deep fried Pizza rolls and more beer, full flavored dark beers.

I am in the process of trying to better my health. As a new years resolution, I decided to give up smoking a pack of Camel Lights a day. I quit cold turkey and have not had a smoke since the new year began. Beginning Feb. 1st, I am going to limit myself to eating out once a week(I usually stop once a day at a fast food place going between school and jobs and I work at a pizza place).

I noticed I started gaining weight when I switched jobs and ceased walking all day long so to try and help, I am going to start biking or some cardio.

I know soda and anything that contains corn syrup doesn't help either.

I just want to wish ya luck. I think a bunch of us here and everyone are on the same boat as you.

Hey John, great to hear you are taking steps forward and making changes. Every little bit counts and it can all add up. To really beat it, you have to stay focused and keep in mind the consequences of failing. Maybe even have little reminders up, or grab a used set of dumb bells to just do some curls or presses while you are around the house. Even if you do it while watching TV, using a low weight, and not counting reps, you will be surprised how many you crank out because you are watching the boob tube. ;)

Hey John, great to hear you are taking steps forward and making changes. Every little bit counts and it can all add up. To really beat it, you have to stay focused and keep in mind the consequences of failing. Maybe even have little reminders up, or grab a used set of dumb bells to just do some curls or presses while you are around the house. Even if you do it while watching TV, using a low weight, and not counting reps, you will be surprised how many you crank out because you are watching the boob tube. ;)

Kinda like people watching tv while using a treadmill eh?

J

Sure, what ever it takes to get people to work out.

I have a swimming class this semester and it really showed me how much I love swimming and how great of a work out it is!

Good luck bigjon! Like everyone else has said, be conscious of what you eat, try and substitute water for pop, and do as much walking/exercising you can in the little free time that you have.

bigjon. i have no advice worth taking because my body type is no where near yours. (5'7 135 lbs)

all that i've got to say is that i've always had respect for you, but now its just doubled.

i will watch this thread and all i expect to read is positive results.

be driven by your results, and you will have a story to tell :)

good luck :)

Arizona's diet green tea my dad was in your postion was well around 390lbs lost 180 of it just from drinking the diet green tea and no white bread no white sugar if you do have sugar keep lower than 40G's Take milk thistle and coral calcium you can get a big bottle of it at a local walgreens both for less than 20-30bucks need anything else just PM me!

Any updates yet?

well.. im still suger free for the most part.. and besides needing to make a new hole on my belt.. i dont feel any diffrent.. and dont think i have lost any thing.. im trying to to give up!

Making another hole because you are loosing inches?

Well no matter what it is Big Jon..

Whether your trying to put on weight or loose weight you have to stay with it..

You cant work out for a 2 weeks then stop for a week then start back up..

Thats like taking 3 steps forward and 2 steps back..

Your planning right but you just have to stick with it for a while..

You wont see huge gains but you will see lil changes each week that will add up in a few months..

yeah smaller way... but no way of telling.. my weight just may be moving up to my sexy belly

Just don't give up. If that does not work for try something different.

You could try to use a creatine powder to loose weight..

You need to drink lots of water to make it work really good..

Keep with it Jon. It's going to be a long road, but in the end it will ALL be worth it. You're adding YEARS to your life once this is completed. Are you a smoker?

I know how you feel man. I've never been able to cut weight, whether it was to make weight for football when I was 11yrs old or just for the hell of it like I'm doing now. I'm 5'8'' 195lb and I work out 4-5 days a week and do cardio and everything and can't lose a pound, but I do more of a muscle gaining workout. Even when I was playing college baseball and we had rediculous conditioning in the off-season I couldn't lose weight for anything. I guess you just have to find something that works for you though, but don't give up now!