RaTtLz

In the market

Alot of people on this forum ask what vehicle a setup is gonna go into as a factor for selecting what kind of equipment they recommend. What I would like to know is, Are there certain vehicles that are better suited for a certain application? I.E. Vans for SPL? Cars for SQ? I know my question is pretty vague but I guess what I'm asking is, is there a direct relationship from the amount of air displaced by the sub to the amount of air in the cab of the vehicle to achieve maximum spl or sq? If there is, what would be the formula for finding the max airspace for any given sub configuration. For instance, having the same 1200 watt amp, electrical, HU, even leather seats, will my 2 12's sound better in an ex-cab p-up or something as large as a van or suv?

Not a whole lot of people outside of SPL competitors buy vehicles to suit their systems. Most buy the vehicle to suit their needs and then piece together a system that would work well in that vehicle.

The reason a lot of people use vans is because of the space inside. With proper deadening and eqing you can turn anything into a SQ car. (not that anything can't be turned into an SPL vehicle.)

Well Alan Dante uses a station wagon to break 180. What does that tell you?

yeah but the build is completley unrealistic for anyone in the real world. if your vehicle is used for daily look into the loud stock vehicles.

yeah but the build is completley unrealistic for anyone in the real world. if your vehicle is used for daily look into the loud stock vehicles.

Of course, I'm simply stating that almost anything can be made to be loud.

someone should do a project prius or smart car haha

Edited by Jason907

only problem is you lose a lot of gas milege in a prius if you had a really powerful stereo due to the gas motor having to run more to charge the batterys. the smart car though has a decent amount of room enough for a set of 12's and a couple batts.

Project Prius

Doesn't show the audio of the car in that video but it does on the full episode lol.

Waste of money IMO.

Edited by juslivin

You will void your factory warranty if you install an amplifier.

you serious?

The reason a lot of people use vans is because of the space inside. With proper deadening and eqing you can turn anything into a SQ car. (not that anything can't be turned into an SPL vehicle.)

Some cars are, in my opinion better starting platforms for a SQ competiotion system : seat position, dash size, location options, width, depth etc.

Just like some cars are a good platform for building an SPL system : lots of cargo room or very small cabins, strong build overall...