Aaron Clinton

Me and Steve know about some upgrades!!!

but I am not at liberty to say yet, I would rather Mike release the news himself, its top secret

but the inside word is great, def a nice improvement on the SS subs

:gift:

this thread= :lame:

not for long, I can hint, from what I understand there are some part improvements, which will result in even better performance

:worthless::banhim::NeedPics:

I guess i better hold off on my order then. When can we expect the news?

Mike said that he has had only one return from a sub failing, that is an unreal track record, yes SoundSplinter puts out less subs than say RF, but still that impressive,

I don't think there was anything wrong, these are just improvements,

actually Mike has hinted about it before

some improvements to the vital area's..lol..

no more cone hitting terminals...

and some more of the stuff we all like!!!

mike is back, we'll let him deliver all the goodies..lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i hope the improvements deal with more cone area and higher excursions, and a lower fs

Heh.. I stepped off the plane "late" last night (still on New York time), read this thread and thought to myself, "What in the world is denim talking about?" So I fired off a PM to see what exactly his intentions were with this post and he quickly replied explaining that this was in reference to the redesign of our RL-p15 driver after we had that one RL-p15 warranty return discussed here in another thread.

This is not a complete redesign of our entire inventory, but it is important as it makes for a less roundabout way of solving a core potential problem that could have been experienced by more RL-p15 owners had we not caught the problem early. In short, the issue dealt with the spring action terminals getting shorted by the aluminum cone when they would come in contact at high excursions. Thus far, we have only had one incident of this because the initial fix was to use shorter terminals or chop off the tops of the taller ones as exhibited in the following image:

rlp15-shortterminals.jpg

In the case of the returned driver, during production the tall terminals were accidentally used which resulted in the problem. After reviewing the driver at TC Sounds, the spider and spider spacer (a ring located between the lower and upper spiders) dimentions were changed ever so slightly to improve upon the design. These changes included going from a 8.9" spider to a 8.5" spider, as well as reducing the spacer size to 0.258" from 0.35". As a result the clearance between the spider and cone has increased, and may also allow for a slight increase in overall potential cone movement.

Not a HUGE upgrade by any means, but a solid one nonetheless B)

It'll work nicely.

Frickin' cone moves quite a bit there :P

yeah, lot more movement than I had guessed

I had this problem on a CHEAP pair of drivers once. They kept playing though until they were fully demolished.

i was hoping for an update to the rl-p 12's, although they already seem pretty awesome. oh well, good to hear about the 15's though. At least now I guess I dont have to wait for any updated 12's to come.