Sign in to follow this  
99s10dowork

4-5 cubes at 32hz in regular cab Silverado!

Right now i have 2 12 inch re audio se's sealed behind the seats in 3 cubes...i miss the output of the ported box i had in my extended cab s10. so i was just kinda throwin this out there to see what you guys thought about building a box that runs along the back wall and in between the seats. and also where would be the best location for the port. p.s. for got to mention i plan on doing this by removing the center seat.

what are you talking about. the s-10 setup, or silverado?

give us more information, its kind of confusing to me.

he probally has two buckets and a center console/seat in the middle..

there are three separate seats with the middle seat being stationary and its in a 02 regular cab silverado... you have to take both outer seats out to get the middle seat out but then you can replace them. sorry about the confusion.

I would say two subs behind each seat, then the port in the center facing up.

Sort of like this awesome setup (for the port that is)

Edited by rumproast789

thats what i was thinking...but i didnt know if that would cause me to be able to hear nothing cause of the port being that close or not.

493697_14_full.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic but its the only one i have left.

thats a center console box i built back when i had an 03 reg cab. its was right around 2.75cf using just the center section. if i remember my math it would have been right at 5 if i added the portion behind the seats like you are talking about. i ran the port right under the armrest portion firing straight into the dash. i was never concerned with db numbers, but it sounded pretty good and wasnt blowing in my ear like when i had the port faced upward in a similar box.

i say go for it. only downside i see is itll be a pain to get in and out of the truck.