Julian

PLEASE HELP! URGENT!

im assuming its my fault </3 but i had my ssf at 35hz, and my gain at 4v. so i don't know what could of happened?

im assuming its my fault </3 but i had my ssf at 35hz, and my gain at 4v. so i don't know what could of happened?

Update: it doesnt even work now! won't even move, no burnt smell or anything!

no not yet, i need to get my other amp.

Somethin here says clipped signal and the amp's subsonic was not turned on and it over excursioned and well, it has a coil that basically welded itself to the pole piece.

J

yeah i didnt realize that my ssf was on 35 hz i thought i turned it down but i didnt.

a ssf @ 35hz shouldn't be what killed your sub I don't think.

My SSD is making a weird noise but I think its because I have it temporarily hooked up to my home stereo.

i dont think either for the first 5 days it was kicking so hard then one day it started to make the noise.

sigh is there a number i can call fi at?

email them. i dont beleive they have a number.

Nick@ficaraudio.com

If it won't move and it's not stuck out of the gap (as it would if the coil jumped the gap from overexcursion, the cone would look stuck out), you fried the voice coil with too much power, and as Godsmack said, it welded itself to the motor.

Time to call FI for a recone and time to turn the gain down a bit on the amp.

Recones run about $50-$75.

thank you god its cheap:D i was hoping it wouldnt be over 100 dollars

Update

well... they said its going to be 85 dollars + shipping.. and they want me to pay for both shipping to the place and back home..

makes me kinda wanna stray away from FI.

Update

well... they said its going to be 85 dollars + shipping.. and they want me to pay for both shipping to the place and back home..

BLASPHEMY!

No for real though, can you blame them? I'm pretty sure it wasn't their fault for the damage.

Update

Why not recone it yourself? You will save a lot of money.

Why should they pay for shipping for a sub you probably broke?

email them. i dont beleive they have a number.

Nick@ficaraudio.com

well ill be damned, ive been mailing them a 100 times to get a number but still didnt get it. no-wonder Fi is too shy to admit they dont have a phone.. I suppose times are tuff

I am sure that Fi has a phone number. The problem is if it was posted everybody would be calling them. Scott and Nick are very busy and work hard at providing good products as well as customer service!

Update

Why not recone it yourself? You will save a lot of money.

how would i do that? :s yeah i get that but i mean ive had experiences with MTX they met me half way they paid for half the shipping and fixed what was wrong with the product for a small fee.

I am sure that Fi has a phone number. The problem is if it was posted everybody would be calling them. Scott and Nick are very busy and work hard at providing good products as well as customer service!

haha and I found it. think I called his personal phonee and whoke him from half way around the world, but he was still willing to help :)