Cdub78VA

Amp Opinions Please

Guys,

Need some advice on decidng on an amp. I buy audio equipment like once every 5 years so im trying to make an educated decision on this the first time. Ive done my homework to this point so thats why im going with Sundown.

Vehicle is a Tundra. I am in the process of making a sealed console-style subwoofer enclosure to house two (2) 12" woofers (more than likely the new 12" SA series when theyre released). Each chamber will likely be 1 ft^3. The electrical is stock right now but am willing to do the big 3 if necessary. I'm trying to decide on which amp would best suit my needs both now and in the future. I know for a fact that I will not be competing (no desire) and so the ability to strap and run at 1/2 ohm are not even part of my considerations.

I think by now I know I should be leaning to the 1200D at the great price its currently at but my primary concern is knowing that the SAZ line offers the better connections, double sided board, larger heatsinks, and an overall more robust design. With all that being said, would you guys recommend that I:

1. Go with the new forthcoming SAZ-1000D b/c theres not gonna be much (if any) audible difference between it and the 1200D, I will have the peace of mind wrt its SAZ "overkill design", and its cheaper than the 1500D. CON: will i want more power 3/4 years from now?

2. Go with the 1500D b/c it has all the power ill ever need and has the SAZ "overkill design". CON: gotta do the big 3, new battery, and be easy with the volume

3. Go with the 1200D b/c its in the middle wrt power, no neeed for big 3, on sale at great price.

Thanks in advance for reading and providing any feedback!

If you are going to keep your amp for five years do it all out the first time and get the SAZ-1500D -- IMO.

And you will more then likely have to do the big 3 with either choice. and i would go with the saz1500d.

Edited by SouthPole1989

The 1500D is the best of all worlds. It can push just about anything and doesn't require you to overhaul your charging system. It produces clean power, has good control, is conveniently sized and is priced just right.

Thanks for the input guys. Ive heard nothing but great stuff about the 1500D so thats probably the direction Ill be heading in.

Any recommendations on batteries? Im familiar with the yellow top optima only b/c my bro has one but ive heard good things about a few others out there that I'm not as familiar with.

kinetik's hc600 or batcap 800... thay are two strong batts that won't hurt ur charging system and are very small in size....

I have a kinetik 2400 and I would definitely recommend kinetik. You don't exactly need one that big, but you could find someone on the forum selling one for a descent price.