Sign in to follow this  
AcidikBass20

Help! Wiring 2 Sundown SAZ-3000s to 2 subs

Subs are wired together at 2 ohms. I have 2 sundowns running, 1 amp for each. The subs are both seeing 2 ohms and putting out 1600 to each sub. Which output terminal do I put the speaker wire in. Left or right. It says for 1 sub its right, 2 its left, but the amps are not strapped. Help?!?!

The Sundown 1000, 1500, 2000 and 3000 are mono block amps (Mono = 1, 1 channel that is). There are two connections (2 pos and 2 neg) on the amp to make it easier to hook up multiple subs.

What subs do you have? What ohm coils?

Edited by sundownz

The Sundown 1000, 1500, 2000 and 3000 are mono block amps (Mono = 1, 1 channel that is). There are two connections (2 pos and 2 neg) on the amp to make it easier to hook up multiple subs.

I know about the 2 pos and 2 neg. my question is which set do I hook them to, the right or left?

Subs are dual VC 4 ohm Earthquake DBXi-12d.

I know about the 2 pos and 2 neg. my question is which set do I hook them to, the right or left?

Subs are dual VC 4 ohm Earthquake DBXi-12d.

It doesn't matter which set you hook them to. You can hook one coil to one set on the amp and the other coil to the other set. Do that for each sub/amp. But I think you would be better off strapping the amps so you do have to gain match both of the amps.

What is the rms rating on those subs?

Edited by banginAltima

each channel is the same.

Okay, I think these are good. Now.....I am gettin a nice whine from the amps while its running. the lower the music and quieter the whine. I think its the amps because I turn the car off and the whine still goes until the automatic shut off kicks on and all the amps turn off. ideas?

Okay, I think these are good. Now.....I am gettin a nice whine from the amps while its running. the lower the music and quieter the whine. I think its the amps because I turn the car off and the whine still goes until the automatic shut off kicks on and all the amps turn off. ideas?

Do you have multiple ground locations? If so try moving the grounds to the same spot if possible. Also try grounding the deck to the vehicle chasis. If it's a Pioneer deck you may need to ground the rca shielding to the chasis of the deck to help eliminate the sound. Are you getting noise through all of your speakers or just the subs? Do you have an amp to the other speakers?

Do you have multiple ground locations? If so try moving the grounds to the same spot if possible. Also try grounding the deck to the vehicle chasis. If it's a Pioneer deck you may need to ground the rca shielding to the chasis of the deck to help eliminate the sound. Are you getting noise through all of your speakers or just the subs? Do you have an amp to the other speakers?

wow, okay. 1 ground location, up front under the hood, because i am putting it on to the alt later. deck is JVC :-/

Kenwood running all the speakers. Ive IDed that is it ground noise and now i just need to shut it up. I need to get a better ground for under the hood, and then get some ground loop isolators for the Sundowns. Sound Good?

Sign in to follow this