02BlackOnBlackSS

RL-P 12" Box Questions

A buddy of mine will be ordering a pair of these when his tax return check comes in and I plan on building him a box during spring break. The subs will be powered by a Hifonics BX1500D and will be in a ported box. I plan on doing something very custom. What I want to do is put the box facing the cab and use pieces of wood to seal it off from the trunk. The back seat will have holes in it and grill cloth over the holes. The ports will be dual 6" pvc ports and they will be firing through the holes in the rear deck for the 6.5's. These will have a baffle over them and will also be sealed off from the trunk.

I was wondering what airspace you would recommend and what tuning. Also, are the ports too big?

One more thing. Do you think it would be better to put the subs on a vertical surface facing the cabin to where there will be a small pocket, or should they be on a piece of wood that angles with the angle of the back seat?

Anybody can answer this second question. I want to know if that pocket would affect the bass any. I know it would protect the subs more if anything.

for ur box volume..i'd recommend about 2ft^3 each, tuned to 34hz...that should provide the necessary sql...

as too the mounting, we just did something similar in a buick...we keep the baffle at the same angle as the seats, but the subs don't hit the seats either...we also did sealed. it does indeed sound good and gets pretty damn loud too..(memphis 10"s off the big memphis belle)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: