sundownz

Trade-In Program

Would you take multiple amp trade ins like if I had a MTX801d and a 4channel Pioneer, etc or just one amp for one amp ?

Is it just for regular priced amps or ones also on sale like the SAE 1000d and SAE 1200d?

Would you take multiple amp trade ins like if I had a MTX801d and a 4channel Pioneer, etc or just one amp for one amp ?

Is it just for regular priced amps or ones also on sale like the SAE 1000d and SAE 1200d?

It can apply to amps on special too.

I will consider multiple amp trade-ins towards one amp, yes.

should be interesting to see how this pans out

I think it is a great service to offer as well as opening up some possible new markets. I say do it as long as you can project a gain in net income. :D

But you know I have already made good use of it so, :P take it for what it is worth. :D

E-Mail me at sundownz@sundownaudio.com for trade inquiries so I have full records of conversations :)

I will get back to you ASAP!

I think this is a great idea for sundown promotion-wise for those who always wished they had a sundown amplifier but dont want to go through the trouble of selling the equipment. It will also bring more customers to the sundown-side to checkout jacobs A++++++ customer service

Great idea :)

I may have some stuff laying around.

I think its a sound idea Jacob.

With this kind of "out of the way customer service" I cant see how you can get by, but with the turnaround on this type of program, I doubt it will matter. I hope you got some extra help lined up...

you might need it.

Team Sundown FTW!

Excellent idea! :bigclap:

Now if I had something to trade. :Doh: I want a SAX-125.2 to go completely active on my front stage.

Jacob, I think it is a great idea, if you stick to Sundown products. If you venture out to allowing other brands, it lends to be a great deal of work for you. And the trade in value based on condition that you or someone else at Sundown determines, is too gray an idea and I think that could cause problems.

As in someone could have bought some cheap crap amp, and over paid for it at some rip-off shop. Then they think based on the price they paid and the max watts labeled on the heat sink, their perceived value is much higher then actual.

In the end, it is a good idea for bringing in new customers, but I think it opens up too many problems, and adds a great deal of work for you.

hey jacob,

just shot u an email over about the trade in promotion!!!!!!!!

what about your b-stock or used amps??

oh i'm doing this!!!! :wacky::wacky::wacky:

get 2 -2k here asap. i got 2 kicker zx1500.1 for trade-in

i was just about to ask. what about for like refurbs from db-r?

dB-r is their own company - you would have to ask Chris.

Jacob, I think it is a great idea, if you stick to Sundown products. If you venture out to allowing other brands, it lends to be a great deal of work for you. And the trade in value based on condition that you or someone else at Sundown determines, is too gray an idea and I think that could cause problems.

As in someone could have bought some cheap crap amp, and over paid for it at some rip-off shop. Then they think based on the price they paid and the max watts labeled on the heat sink, their perceived value is much higher then actual.

In the end, it is a good idea for bringing in new customers, but I think it opens up too many problems, and adds a great deal of work for you.

the trade in value would be based on what the market is selling for not what some guy paid at the rip off shop wouldnt it...? I mean if he uses Ebay for a guide then pays 75% of that then it wouldnt be too bad......and he still makes some off the front end of the sundowns...

its basically exactly like the car business...only he wouldnt have a nada book or blue book to easily look this up.....

shouldnt be too hard for more known brands and amps.....if they are decent.......

I think its a good idea and I dont see how it could hurt but I do see it as work....but that would be due to looking up the prices....

if someone paid 10x what an amp was worth and tried to trade it in then thats just their tough luck.

if their is an issue with the trade then he can just so no...or give less than 75% of sale value for it....

I like the idea.....cause I need to move some PPI ARTS and I want to try a Sundown 4 channel..

Edited by gentlejax

Indeed... no pressure - I tell the customer up front what I will give them for the trade if it is as they describe it.

If they think my offer is too low - they don't have to take it :) Nobody will waste their time shipping it around since I am going to be up front about it.

How will it work if you present an offer for the value of an amplifier, based off of their description of the condition, and maybe a picture, then they ship it to you and it is DOA? Then someone has paid to ship and amp in hopes to get a Sundown, only to have to ship it back. :( Too many dishonest and shady characters online that will try to beat the system.

How will it work if you present an offer for the value of an amplifier, based off of their description of the condition, and maybe a picture, then they ship it to you and it is DOA? Then someone has paid to ship and amp in hopes to get a Sundown, only to have to ship it back. :( Too many dishonest and shady characters online that will try to beat the system.

It is going to also be up front that if the amplifier does not work or is not as described the sender must pay to have it shipped back.