mjmarovi

Two Head Units...One Car? Anyone know how?

I'm currently installing a rather large system in my car, and using an alpine ida-x001 as the main unit. Only problem is the unit does not have a CD player, and I really don't wanna deal with a seperate CD changer to hook up to it. i have another alpine deck with tilt, the CDA- 9851. Not sure if i would need some sort of switch-board for all the RCA-s or not. I would like to be able to use either deck and still have full usability of every part of the system. So having both decks would def. be ideal.

Edited by mjmarovi

The changer is the easier option, or sell everything ang get what you need in one unit.

i have seen it done in a friends car where he had a dual flip out head unit and itdidnt have very high voltage so he installed his pioneer too so it owuld still be loud while haveing a dvd player

If one has an auxiliary input, send the preouts from one into the other.

x2 thats the way to go. if it has optical tht would be an even better link.

X3 But make sure you keep the volume on the Alpine CD Deck set properly.

You may also run into ground loop/engine noise.

If the volume is to quiet, turn it up on the CD Deck first but beware that

eventually, the pre-out will cause distortion if the CD Deck is turned up to loud.

The best thing to do is get a new CD/DVD unit. That way you can do true digital

sound with DVD's which there's a night and day difference between Analog and Digital sound

Unless you don't plan on watching many DVD's

nah don't plan on any dvd's, system will probably be hitting a little too hard to put tv's anywhere except the dash, thought about the aux input, i think i'm just gonna go with that. i'll use some really short monster cable rca's to connect the decks. other thing i could do, since i'm using a fosgate processor, is run pre-outs from one deck straight to the processor, didn't think of that either, lol, alright think i know what to do now, i guess it's a lot simpler than i thought thanks guys, hopefully i will be posting pics of the build soon, i just want to be close to fnished before i start posting pics.

There are plenty of dual source switch boxes.

Kicker also makes the KQ5 EQ with 2 source input and 7 volt preout.