T0mmysee

2 12w7s for 2005 re XXX 15inch and $100

i currently am running 2 12w7s in a sealed box and am not as satisfied with it like i was in the beginning, doesnt hit the lower end like i would like, but this may also be due to the type of box it is in. Should i make the trade for the 15 re xxx and $100, or just sell them for straight cash. opinions? :)

You are gonna trade those in and pay $100 for a XXX?

Before you make a mistake, try a switch to a low tuned ported box. W7's are low end monsters it you give them a good enclosure.

No the trade is for the XXX AND $100

thats what i was thinking about doing, but i also didnt wanna miss the chance on getting a sub like the XXX

Edited by Tommy See

No the trade is for the XXX AND $100

thats what i was thinking about doing, but i also didnt wanna miss the chance on getting a sub like the XXX

If you think its worth it. You have my vote.

the xxx is a monster you will be happy with it. Low end is nice!!!!!!! W7 are nice subs as well just a little over rated in my opinion

i would do it, but you can sell those W7s for alot of money...and choose whatever you want.

Go for it!

Sell for cash.... go DD!!

why dont you change the box and give those w7's some air to breathe then make the trade if your still not satisfied

Woah woah woah!! Don't just dump the sub woofers because of an install issue. That will not correct the problem. Rebuild with a different box design more suited for your goals, then decide.

i agree with everyone else.

dont just get rid of them.... port 'em!!!!!

i've heard some good reviews from the w7's.... and if you dont like them afterwards then sell them

fosho... you already paid the high cost for the W7's change the box...

what kinda power are you runing?

better box... never dump a subwoofer due to a bad install..

those w7 are good woofers they may be over-priced but you already bought them :)

But put GOOD power to them, they are hungary for power when playing the low notes.

I remember a set of W7 12"s in a decent box, but horrible power.... he tried to show me up... failed.

We put my friends amp on the W7's and they got to work!! Lots better.

Thats what i was thinking, just putting them in a ported box, just never had the time to get around to it.

My friend offered the deal yesterday so i just threw it out there for opinions :)

Running the subs off one JBL GTO1201.11 at 3ohms

you need at least 1500 watts of power split between those subs and would recommend 1000 watts per sub. Those 2 subs are not worth the switch to the one when you have them already. Great subs yes overrated but still you don't have some crappy low end subs spend a little more money and get another amp.