hiloracerboy84

sub/port configuration for trunked cars

i know this will vary greatly from vehicle to vehicle, but is there a general rule of thumb for sub/port placement as far as trunked cars being the loudest?

i've always had setups in suv's, which usually take better to sub up, port back configurations.

i have a 99 subaru impreza RS, and was wondering what would give me the best output as far as which way the sub fires, and which way the port fires. give me any, and all of your input. personal experience, theories, etc...

thanks for the quick reply cman. is that just for the meter, or is it loud on music daily also? i was looking into that as i saw some posts on that configuration floating around. is it just for aero's or does that setup work for slot ports too?

I run the same setup for daily as i do for competition so its basically a daily setup that meters well. My tuning is really low and i actually peak at 34 hz. Ive never tried a slot port box that away just because I think aero's are so much easier to work with and I can change my tuning as well.

dont have much experience with cars, Im a truck guy...

BUT, I have seen different setups like sub up port back (slut port) that worked very well with music. You should just try different ones and see what YOU like best, because every car is different.

BUT, I have seen different setups like sub up port back (slut port) that worked very well with music. You should just try different ones and see what YOU like best, because every car is different.

Slut port ?????? :Doh:

Slut port ?????? :Doh:

why of course...you know how them ports are...letting all that built up pressure go in and out of them all day long. haha

HAHA!!!!!! OMG Funny thing I was talking on the phone to my ex gf at the time...wwoooooooooooooooooow my mind was elsewhere...

Slut port FTW!

:lol::lol2::twirl: