rdwilson77

mids/highs static

there are no fans! we are all car audio addicts!

sony sony sony....

I had a old pioneer deck do the same thing with the rca's. It drove me nuts trying to find it. I used a different source and "poof" speakers sounded like they were supposed too.

Changing the ground did nothing. Guess I'm going to get a new head unit under warranty. Hopefully I can just get a new one and not wait for it to get repaired. Only used it for like an hour at most.

Go in all pissed off and with an ASSH*$E attitude and tell them that you are leaving with a brand new one in your hand. Because Sony will send them out a new one.... And if not they can put it in the demo board

What's funny is that I have never had a problem with rca's on any head unit I have owned. Never. Pioneer, kenwood, sony, alpine...no problems. Guess I was due?? Oh well. Take it back on Monday and see if I can get a new one. :fryingpan:

Ok. Finally got a new head unit in yesterday. Put it in today and....same thing?!?! Static in the Mids/Highs. It sounded fine for about 15 mins. Then it started getting static and raspy sounding again. Its weird. If I turn the volume up to like 3/4 and listen for a minute or two, then turn it down to like 1/4, then it sounds very bad and is full of static at 1/4. If I leave it at 1/4 for a while, it almost seems like the static starts fading away a bit. I don't know. Anyone have any ideas????

How does your sub sound now with the new headunit?

I don't know what else to do now. I'm at the point where I may just take it all out. Been working on this install for 6-8 months and it just seems like one thing after another.

Friend of mine is going to let me borrow a small amp to put in the car in the place of the 100.4 to see if it makes a difference. Let you know what I find out.

How do you post a pic on the forum? I have a pic of my trunk so far and wanted to post it for everyone to check out. Can't figure it out.

How do you post a pic on the forum? I have a pic of my trunk so far and wanted to post it for everyone to check out. Can't figure it out.

Set up an account on Photobucket, ImageShack, TinyPic or other and upload your pics to your account and then paste the string in your post.

Good luck!

Ok. Finally got a new head unit in yesterday. Put it in today and....same thing?!?! Static in the Mids/Highs. It sounded fine for about 15 mins. Then it started getting static and raspy sounding again. Its weird. If I turn the volume up to like 3/4 and listen for a minute or two, then turn it down to like 1/4, then it sounds very bad and is full of static at 1/4. If I leave it at 1/4 for a while, it almost seems like the static starts fading away a bit. I don't know. Anyone have any ideas????

Not sure if you have done this but trace your speaker wires from the speakers to the amp and make sure you don't have them pinched or grounded to metal somewhere. Same thing for your your rca cables. Also double check your speakers to make sure they are not grounding to metal or wired out of phase. Have you tried running your deck outside of the dash or on the passenger seat to see if that does anything?

Send in the 100.4 so I can check it out to make sure.

haha! i read through this whole thread and was thinking "this has gotta be the sundown section....NOBODY has ONCE questioned the 100.4" though the sundowns are pure quality, there's always a chance of something going wrong.

...maybe it had a loose screw rolling around in it, like my 3000d, and something shorted :Doh: haha just playin' jake

Ok. Got a different amp from a buddy and...you guessed it...same thing. So it apparently is not the 100.4 causing the issue. Also i tested all the speaker wires where they would connect to the amp with my dmm to check ohms and they all read correctly. If there was a wire grounded, wouldnt that change the ohms? Not sure where to go now. Maybe a different brand head unit??

Anyhow here is a pic of the trunk of my mustang I took with my phone (not best quality). That's before I tore it apart looking for the problem...

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt64/rd.../sundowncar.jpg

to test and see it you have a speaker wire grounded you need to put the pos lead on your multimeter to the pos speaker wire and the put the neg lead on your multimeter to a chasy ground. set your meter to continuity test and listen for the meter to beep. if it does then the wire is grounded. if it doesnt then it is time to do the same thing to the neg speaker wire. keep doing this till you have done all the pos and neg speaker wires. you can also set the meter to read the impedence and if you get a reading then the wire is grounded, if you dont get a reading then the circuit is open and that wire is fine.

Edited by AlpineAndy

i had a problem like this with a pioneer deck many times... it was a RCA ground fuse. on the inside.

Think I'm gonna look into getting an alpine. I like the iva-w205 and I can get a good deal on it. I have a heard alot of good things about them.