lamchop_8

Enclosure + Setup Help

Why not just do a wall setup? I would think it would be more work to make the port fire into the trunk, because then you would have to worry bout a crap loud of rattling

Why not just do a wall setup? I would think it would be more work to make the port fire into the trunk, because then you would have to worry bout a crap loud of rattling

Exactly Thats why I was going to buy "Dynamat". But for some reason i just dont want a wall and I dont know if this is true of not but people tell me that wall setups cancel sound because the sound just hits the windsheild or whatever and cancels it out. Now i know people told me not to buy "Dynamat" but do you think i should atleast buy the dynamat trunk kit and thats it or will it still cancel out my db's????

Who ever told you that is on crack lol

Walls are generally louder because you have ALOT less airspace to fill..

What is the loudest system you have heard?

Yes. 12-16 sq. in. of vent per cubic foot is recommended.

Ohh okay thanks. one more thing since im turing 16 in march and get my drivers license the grand am was going to be my 1st car but i wanted a chevy blazer xtreme (2-Door) at 1st like this i120.photobucket.com/albums/o184/redxtrmeblazer/IMG_0191.jpg but when i seen the vid i posted with that enclosure i loved the enclosure (Especially since i was already getting 2 btls) but i have only seen this enclosure in cars. but i wanted to know can i get this enclosure in a truck because a cars trunk is seperated and a trucks trunk is just right there (if you know what i mean) and i wanted to know if it would be louder in the truck or not?? because if not i was just going to settle for the pontiac.

Dude to tell you the truth I think you would be a happy camper on (1) 18" BTL and a SAZ-3000D.

But that's just my opinion.

I don't know how many systems you have heard or owned.

Have you ever heard a real 150-160db system?

I think a BTL 12" or 15" would be more than enough for you.

x2

Why don't you just start out with something like that and then upgrade if you really feel the need to be louder.

Who ever told you that is on crack lol

Walls are generally louder because you have ALOT less airspace to fill..

What is the loudest system you have heard?

The loudest system i ever heard is this guy with 2 10'' pioneer championship series subs (450 rms a piece) tied to a kicker amp 1200 rms @ 2ohms loaded in a wicked one horn enclosure hitting 146db in a ford tarus http://www.thomasautoworld.com/1996%20Ford%20Tarus.jpg and its louder and even deeper than his 15'' kicker cvx!! BTW he lives a couple of houses by me. He doesnt have any car vids,But heres a vid of his home setup a while back. www.youtube.com/watch?v=97EPQ7ct2_Q What do you think????

Naww I'll pass. You honestly dont know how much i love loud music bro. but thanks :) Thats something I'll have in my room or something.

i would suggest also getting either a 15in or two 12s cuz there is no way in hell your gonna have room for all that with out taking the seats out. but its your money we are just suggesting....

i would suggest also getting either a 15in or two 12s cuz there is no way in hell your gonna have room for all that with out taking the seats out. but its your money we are just suggesting....

I know your just suggesting to other things and i apperciate that!!! :) I love this forum and I will continue to use it!! every time I ask a question you guys manage to reply back with good answers way better than the smd forums and I really do appreciate that :) But i planed on taking the back-seat out any way if I could'nt sit the enclosure on top of it.

An enclosure like this:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

before you spend all that money(btw how does a 15yr old have that much?), how much do you actually know about car audio?

well if you read his first few posts you will know he wants it b/c he saw steve meade do it and he wants to show off to the other guy with the pioneers just a stupid reason to waste money to say you have something when you dont know what you have. not being a dick or anything just saying

before you spend all that money(btw how does a 15yr old have that much?), how much do you actually know about car audio?

Got all the money saved from snow shoveling,cutting lawns, and from a job I had last year. BTW where im at its snowing right now and if I dont have school tomorrow that will be another 200-350 bucks to my name!!!!

well if you read his first few posts you will know he wants it b/c he saw steve meade do it and he wants to show off to the other guy with the pioneers just a stupid reason to waste money to say you have something when you dont know what you have. not being a dick or anything just saying

thats kind of what i was gettin out of readin this thing too, but im curious as to what he knows,

An enclosure like this:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

If it has the port in the trunk like the one I listed then YES :) BTW I Was looking at Mr.Officals vids. today. is'nt he hitting 149.9db with those LMS's or is that another setup???

if your not competing why do you care what numbers you put up? only thing that should matter is if it is loud enough for you. :)

An enclosure like this:

If it has the port in the trunk like the one I listed then YES :) BTW I Was looking at Mr.Officals vids. today. is'nt he hitting 149.9db with those LMS's or is that another setup???

Yes his name is Mike Singer. He won 1st in 149.9 bassrace last year. He burps a 155; and that is with 4 Sundown SAZ-3000D's.

An enclosure like this:

thats his bass race score, its just tryin to get as close to 149.9 without goin above it

No thats not it. Im not trying to compete agianst meade or my friend mat,I just want to have a loud system. Is there anything wrong with that???

if your not competing why do you care what numbers you put up? only thing that should matter is if it is loud enough for you. :)

I am going to compete in local db drags and stuff. Im not just going to be a dick and come out the mouth saying "Your system dosent have chit on mine you need to upgrade or get that chit outta here" I dont do stuff like that just like you said it should matter if its loud enough for me and mid 150's to high 150's is loud for me.

I am going to compete in local db drags and stuff. Im not just going to be a dick and come out the mouth saying "Your system dosent have chit on mine you need to upgrade or get that chit outta here" I dont do stuff like that just like you said it should matter if its loud enough for me and mid 150's to high 150's is loud for me.

ok and all i can say is good luck with that....

me just estimatin your system cost im thinkin 8K+ for all that. thats alot for your first system, and you never said what you actually know about audio.

and theres nothin wrong with wantin a loud system. but you shouldnt have such high expectations out of your first setup. and dont rip apart your whole car for that either.

thats kind of what i was gettin out of readin this thing too, but im curious as to what he knows,

I know alot about audio if thats what you were refering to.