lamchop_8

Enclosure + Setup Help

if your not competing why do you care what numbers you put up? only thing that should matter is if it is loud enough for you. :)

I am going to compete in local db drags and stuff. Im not just going to be a dick and come out the mouth saying "Your system dosent have chit on mine you need to upgrade or get that chit outta here" I dont do stuff like that just like you said it should matter if its loud enough for me and mid 150's to high 150's is loud for me.

ok and all i can say is good luck with that....

Thank U.

me just estimatin your system cost im thinkin 8K+ for all that. thats alot for your first system, and you never said what you actually know about audio.

and theres nothin wrong with wantin a loud system. but you shouldnt have such high expectations out of your first setup. and dont rip apart your whole car for that either.

thank you we are just trying to help you out not say dont do this. we are just being logical.

me just estimatin your system cost im thinkin 8K+ for all that. thats alot for your first system, and you never said what you actually know about audio.

and theres nothin wrong with wantin a loud system. but you shouldnt have such high expectations out of your first setup. and dont rip apart your whole car for that either.

This is'nt my 1st setup I had two other setups in the past.

before you spend all that money(btw how does a 15yr old have that much?), how much do you actually know about car audio?

well if you read his first few posts you will know he wants it b/c he saw steve meade do it and he wants to show off to the other guy with the pioneers just a stupid reason to waste money to say you have something when you dont know what you have. not being a dick or anything just saying

thats kind of what i was gettin out of readin this thing too, but im curious as to what he knows,

I know alot about audio if thats what you were refering to.

then why are you in here asking if your going to be hitting these numbers with the system you want? if you know liek yiou say you do, you wouldnt ask....

if your not competing why do you care what numbers you put up? only thing that should matter is if it is loud enough for you. :)

I am going to compete in local db drags and stuff. Im not just going to be a dick and come out the mouth saying "Your system dosent have chit on mine you need to upgrade or get that chit outta here" I dont do stuff like that just like you said it should matter if its loud enough for me and mid 150's to high 150's is loud for me.

If you have a good setup that will hit 140~45 in the 30~40 hz region itll be loud enough for you

thank you we are just trying to help you out not say dont do this. we are just being logical.

I know you are im not mad or anything. But like I said before I appreciate this forum alot I love this forums & I will continue to use it you guys always help me out.

before you spend all that money(btw how does a 15yr old have that much?), how much do you actually know about car audio?

well if you read his first few posts you will know he wants it b/c he saw steve meade do it and he wants to show off to the other guy with the pioneers just a stupid reason to waste money to say you have something when you dont know what you have. not being a dick or anything just saying

thats kind of what i was gettin out of readin this thing too, but im curious as to what he knows,

I know alot about audio if thats what you were refering to.

then why are you in here asking if your going to be hitting these numbers with the system you want? if you know liek yiou say you do, you wouldnt ask....

Because, I cant ask myself the same question and plus I like to look at others P.O.V. not just mine and when you guys correct me about something thats wrong thats when I come back with another question to make sure I got everyhing right thats how people learn more and more about audio. Everyones not perfect.

If you have a good setup that will hit 140~45 in the 30~40 hz region itll be loud enough for you

Not Quite...

An enclosure like this:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

If it has the port in the trunk like the one I listed then YES :) BTW I Was looking at Mr.Officals vids. today. is'nt he hitting 149.9db with those LMS's or is that another setup???

Yes his name is Mike Singer. He won 1st in 149.9 bassrace last year. He burps a 155; and that is with 4 Sundown SAZ-3000D's.

Ohh Okay. Thanks for info :)

Not Quite...

how many systems have you heard, just your friend with the pioneers?,

Not Quite...

how many systems have you heard, just your friend with the pioneers?,

No, I heard this one guy with 2 15'' cvrs in a charger,this girl with 2 12's ma's in a bandpass in a maxima,and this guy with 2 12'' polk subs sealed,and this guy with 1 15'' CVX in a Toyata Sienna Van ported,and this girl with 2 12'' xplods sealed.

Edited by Randy.D

did they build there boxes or prefab. im guessin prefab with a small port, tuned int the 40~5 hz range. that could be a big reason you werent satisfied.

ive got 4 8's in my car right now in a box tuned to 30 hz. it gets sounds way louder than youd think, because of the low tuning.

You Do Know BTL's Don't Sound Worth A Crap In A "High dB/SPL" Box In Quality Terms Or Daily Driving, Right? I Think You Could Achieve More With Less. 2 BL 18"s With One SAZ-3000D Would Be Better For Now. Btw, I Love BTL's, But If You're Figuring A 34hz Tuned Box Will Produce That, You're Wrong, Even In That Tiny Ass Car. To Achieve That It'd Really Sound Like A SPL Fartbox With No Musicality Whatsoever. Around 37hz-40hz, Or Higher.

did they build there boxes or prefab. im guessin prefab with a small port, tuned int the 40~5 hz range. that could be a big reason you werent satisfied.

ive got 4 8's in my car right now in a box tuned to 30 hz. it gets sounds way louder than youd think, because of the low tuning.

2 15 CVRS:Prefab (Sealed), 2 12 MA's:Prefab (Bandpass), 2 12 Xplods:Prefab (Sealed), 2 12 Polk's:Built (Sealed), 1 15 CVX:Built to specs (Ported) tuned to 27hz, 2 10 Pioneers:Built,(Horn) Tuned to every hz. Nice setup you have. I would love to hear it.

You Do Know BTL's Don't Sound Worth A Crap In A "High dB/SPL" Box In Quality Terms Or Daily Driving, Right? I Think You Could Achieve More With Less. 2 BL 18"s With One SAZ-3000D Would Be Better For Now. Btw, I Love BTL's, But If You're Figuring A 34hz Tuned Box Will Produce That, You're Wrong, Even In That Tiny Ass Car. To Achieve That It'd Really Sound Like A SPL Fartbox With No Musicality Whatsoever. Around 37hz-40hz, Or Higher.

Yeah Im more of a daily driving musical person. I dont like farts & burps and test tones thats why its tuned so low.

Let's all try and remain constructive and not bag on Randy thinking he can't do it.

You haven't heard anything that would break a 150...... 155+ starts to hurt most people.

You don't know what your getting into when you break 155.

Let's all try and remain constructive and not bag on Randy thinking he can't do it.

:) !!!THANK U "KU40" I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!! :)

But I do have to question the port firing into the trunk theory. Where did you hear that from, and how was it shown to be good? I can't really think of a reason why that would be good, because the waves coming out of the port would just go into the trunk and basically stay there. I don't think that orientation is optimal. If you put a ported box for two of those BTLs in your backseat it will be large enough to basically be a wall, so you may as well actually make one. Just make sure you secure it to the vehicle, that's a lot of mass coming at you in an accident if it's free.

You haven't heard anything that would break a 150...... 155+ starts to hurt most people.

You don't know what your getting into when you break 155.

Your probaly right about that. I dont know. I never heard anything hit over 145db. I bet my friend is'nt hittin 146db like he says he even didnt even get it metered yet. I guess he hitting 143db at max. Now you guys are starting to make me think. Most people say I will hit 153-154db at max. with the enclosure I made this post about. But how much db you think I would hit if I get it walled????

I just want to know where I can find these people, paying you that much to make $250-300 a day.

But I do have to question the port firing into the trunk theory. Where did you hear that from, and how was it shown to be good? I can't really think of a reason why that would be good, because the waves coming out of the port would just go into the trunk and basically stay there. I don't think that orientation is optimal. If you put a ported box for two of those BTLs in your backseat it will be large enough to basically be a wall, so you may as well actually make one. Just make sure you secure it to the vehicle, that's a lot of mass coming at you in an accident if it's free.

The only reason why I asked about that box is because it must of been real good if you can hit 148db with the entry level ssd's because I've seen people on youtube with two btls hit that much if not lower. Thats why I took that box into consideration. But since you guys say that walls would be louder how much louder?? Because if its 3-4db louder than the box we're talking about then count me in I'm up for it!!! :)

I just want to know where I can find these people, paying you that much to make $250-300 a day.

Its not like how you think it is. Im not just going down the street or around the block. I'm going every where I can like around my whole sub-division if not more!! My prices start at 15 cash. And my average time for driveways are 10min. Just with a shovel!!

im not tryin to bag on your Randy, you would be good with 2 12's or 1 15 btl and on 3000d with a low tuning

I dont really know. I'll put a 15 in my moms 04' Aveo (Maybe). I already have 2 12's in her car now I'm trying to get rid of for xtra money. BTW The 2 12's I have now are my profile pick.

Edited by Randy.D