WRX/Z28

ESX and ZED branded Zed amp pic's. Who has some clean ones?

Which Zed Series was best?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which Zed Series were best?

• ZED Branded amps. IE: Deuce, Draconia, Gladius, Minilith
    • ESX Q Series
    • Hifonics Series VII or VIII
    • US Acoustics USA Series
    • US Acoustics USX Series
    • Autotek
    • Crunch
    • Boss
    • Nakamichi
    • Planet Audio

Very nice!! Wish they still made those.

I would like to add the Rodek amps, I have a 224ci that I killed with in the 0-50 class back in the 90's.

Edited by loud by design

DSC01043.jpg

I've seen pics like this of other brands being collected... anyone have some Zed pic's to share?

I don't like you!!!!! lol

Over the years I had my hands on a couple of Q475.1s, a single Q120.4, a Q275.2 and a Q175.2... I still have one of each and they are all installed in my Trans-Am...

Oh, and the Balanced Line Drivers are real, I own 4 of them. Also used in the above install. Proof:

photo17.jpg

Pictures of the Q475.1 (up top), Q275.2 (on the right) and the Q120.4 (on the left), this was during the build phase:

photo16.jpg

And in this pic you can see the balanced line inputs to the amps:

photo1.jpg

If you haven't noticed, I made sure the amps were given the honor they deserve in the install. They are raised up and displayed properly for the beasts that they are.

The last amp just couldn't fit anywhere up top, so it is underneath the sub box:

photo3.jpg

I ended up using the balanced line drivers for everything but the rear-fill amp. I would have prefered to only run standard RCAs for the Q475.1, but with it needing 4 line inputs and with it being the top amp it demanded the balanced line drivers for asthetics. I ended up modifying the cable for the Q475.1 to a y-cable so I could run it with a single balanced line driver at least.

Hmm, just had a thought... Does anyone know if the single line-output from the Q475.1 can be used as a single line-input?

If that were the case I am sure I could even have a single RCA made to match the asthetics and move the last balanced line driver off to the rear-fill amp.

For a layout, the system is broken down as follows:

Q120.4 Ch1+Ch2 - Front Tweeters - Active H701

Q275.2 Ch1+Ch2 - Front Midbass - Active H701

Q120.4 Ch3+Ch4 - Front Center Channel - Active H701 + Passive CDT xover

Q175.2 Ch1+Ch2 - Rear Fill - Active H701 + Passive CDT xover

Q475.1 - Running 2 ohm into subs - Active H701

The rest of the system is:

Alpine IVA-D900 headunit

Alpine HDA-5460 MP3 HDD unit

Alpine RUX-C700 Processor Controller

Alpine PXA-H701 Processor

Alpine NVE-852A Navigation

Alpine SEA-8081 Alarm w/8502 pager

Seas Neo Al Tweeters

CDT Mids

CDT Midbasses

I used to own 4 of Zeds last line, including a couple of Miniliths, a Duece and a Draconia (with both the Duece and Draconia being of the Burr-Brown versions)... Unfortunately, I did not have a vehicle install on the horizon to take advantage of them (even tho I did have a CDA-7949 w/PXA-H600 setup that would have been the perfect source for those in a pure SQ capacity), so I let them go to someone who was putting together a nice setup. I also sold off the CDA-7949/PXA-H600 setup so I wouldn't be tempted to buy more amps until I need them...

What subs are you running with the Q475.1?

Wow, very nice set up!

You forgot Lanzar in your poll (and a few others).

med_gallery_3804_5_190828.jpg

Plenty more in the gallery here....will post more.

Edited by hispls

WOW. The entire line. Very cool with the internals too.

:+1: :)

+1.gifsmile.gif

Thanks denim but it not quite the entire line. The others im missing yet is the 75.2, 120.2, 275.1, and the 475.1 but these are by far the most rare. Still on the look out though. ehh.gif

+1.gif smile.gif

Thanks denim but it not quite the entire line. The others im missing yet is the 75.2, 120.2, 275.1, and the 475.1 but these are by far the most rare. Still on the look out though. ehh.gif

Either way, great collection you have. Seems like there are a few hardcore ESX collectors on here. :drink40:

+1.gifsmile.gif

I do understand collecting things, but why are you collecting (are you gonna do some all ESX builds in the future or are you just gonna keep them so they can collect dust).

+1.gifsmile.gif

I do understand collecting things, but why are you collecting (are you gonna do some all ESX builds in the future or are you just gonna keep them so they can collect dust).

Of course he is just like me and my little collection.

111.jpg

+1.gifsmile.gif

Of course he is just like me and my little collection.

111.jpg

Great son I have there Cutra.

+1.gifsmile.gif

Well I am using them in my install right now and they are jus great amps. But I do want to start a collection at the same time.

I've got a few I'll post up in a bit. I've bought amps from cutra before...nice guy!

bee75294.jpg

fcec6a7c.jpg

7c5117f4.jpg

5149a764.jpg

b83f304d.jpg

22ff7f54.jpg

Edited by Chris Faulk

VERY nice! I love ZED's boards. Nice collection you have there. :)

VERY nice! I love ZED's boards. Nice collection you have there. :)

Why thank you...but I have more to show hehe.

Hello to ALL ZED Fans out there! I have an extensive collection of ZED and other OLD School USA quality amps and subs here is a few pics for you all . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

cfea9313984f_m.jpg 6f0fa082b79d.jpg

e301cbed001b.jpg 2049e8b2c49b_m.jpg

7b2dae34f36d_m.jpg

bd3636814e67.jpg 9a3378cd7099.jpg

8d9833bb9b88.jpg 1d17ee7b8980.jpg

e6634fa9c700_m.jpg 5342a1835a17_m.jpg

dd6082d30a62_m.jpg f935e274fa31_m.jpg

ENJOY!!

ba193f3ea1da_m.jpg

Edited by HiFonicsHorder1

Wow, very nice! :)

I have one of the zed audio esx 175.2 that i found in my closet ,I was thinking about selling it ,what are they worth and should i just put it on ebay? thanks

I have one of the zed audio esx 175.2 that i found in my closet ,I was thinking about selling it ,what are they worth and should i just put it on ebay? thanks

That is hard to say. I suggest looking on ebay to see what they are going for.

That is hard to say. I suggest looking on ebay to see what they are going for.

does $200 sound about right. I looked on there and couldnt find any.