nick_19

Big Boy/Monster/Nightmare sub updates?

Just wondering... Has anything more happened w/ this sub? Testing, specs, I'm not even gonna say that three letter acronym Jacob hates so much!

I will be upgrading my system in about 1.5 years, and I am trying to get a head start on researching subs!

Do you think you will offer the copper coil on these beasts to lower the Fs to under 30?

Thanks man!

Just wondering... Has anything more happened w/ this sub? Testing, specs, I'm not even gonna say that three letter acronym Jacob hates so much!

I will be upgrading my system in about 1.5 years, and I am trying to get a head start on researching subs!

Do you think you will offer the copper coil on these beasts to lower the Fs to under 30?

Thanks man!

i asked him in december... he said that it would be late this year.....

im intrested too:D

The standard answer is "It's in the works."

Edit: Think about it this way, you'll know what Jacob is working on by watching what he posts. Example... the last things he posted about was the trade-in program, the large amount of 18's and the special on the Sae amps.

Then again, I am not the Sundown PR person but I'll see what I can find out when Derrick and I head up there Thursday.

Edited by banginAltima

Oh I understand. He is very busy! Business for him seems to be going great.

I was just wondering what is up. There hasn't been any news on it in a while. Late this year is cool. I'm in no rush at all.

I was just wondering what is up. There hasn't been any news on it in a while. Late this year is cool. I'm in no rush at all.

The last time we were up there I actually saw Jacob work, Brandon on the other hand.... :unsure::lazy:

Get the 411 on the SAZ-5k's too, haha

we would have it already if people would of forked over the monies the first time

the standard response.... It's in the works.

Edit: When there is more actual demand.

Edited by banginAltima

we would have it already if people would of forked over the monies the first time

ineed i remember a few people sent money.. but no where near enough!

Two people... out of nearly 100 that voted to do it, to be specific.

As for the Monster... the 3" coil Monster may be coming in 3-4 months.

Sweet! Like I said, time is no prob for me. I just want info!

So I take it you will offer a 4 inch coil version later on?

Will they be customizable (cooling/copper coil/etc) like Nightshades?

Or is that TBA... Thanks man! I can't wait to see this thing.

The last time we were up there I actually saw Jacob work, Brandon on the other hand.... :unsure::lazy:

haha thanks gary ill remember that when you need a custom sub built or need to test some stuff want an amp tested lol

Edited by b-loud

Sweet! Like I said, time is no prob for me. I just want info!

So I take it you will offer a 4 inch coil version later on?

Will they be customizable (cooling/copper coil/etc) like Nightshades?

Or is that TBA... Thanks man! I can't wait to see this thing.

im not 100% sure but if im not mistaken they will be a "standard" build but that is TBA

Everything is standard except a harder spider - which was not needed at all in out testing up to 10kw.

No other coil will be offered except for one... which is roughly Dual 1.5 nominal.

haha thanks gary ill remember that when you need a custom sub built or need to test some stuff want an amp tested lol

I'll come up there and test my own amp. LOL I do want you to show me how you assemble some subs.

Everything is standard except a harder spider - which was not needed at all in out testing up to 10kw.

No other coil will be offered except for one... which is roughly Dual 1.5 nominal.

On that note... don't worry about the weird impedance. This coil was 0.4 louder at 0.75 nominal than our other coil was at a true 0.50 nominal load -- louder with less power FTW.

On that note... don't worry about the weird impedance. This coil was 0.4 louder at 0.75 nominal than our other coil was at a true 0.50 nominal load -- louder with less power FTW.

Ha ok. I was just trying to get a feel for this sub. I'm feeling it is almost pure SPL. I was just curious b/c I saw your results w/ the copper coil on the Nightshade and that was exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for this. But for what this sub is built for, it looks like it's gonna be a freaking animal.

Edited by nick_19

Ha ok. I was just trying to get a feel for this sub. I'm feeling it is almost pure SPL. I was just curious b/c I saw your results w/ the copper coil on the Nightshade and that was exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for this. But for what this sub is built for, it looks like it's gonna be a freaking animal.

It is NOT just pure SPL, actually :) Would be just fine daily. Actually has a lower Fs than the Nightshade because the coil is twice as heavy and we use the same spider setup. But since the motor force is twice as high it more than makes up for the added mass.

Two people... out of nearly 100 that voted to do it, to be specific.

As for the Monster... the 3" coil Monster may be coming in 3-4 months.

I el oh el ed

It is NOT just pure SPL, actually :) Would be just fine daily. Actually has a lower Fs than the Nightshade because the coil is twice as heavy and we use the same spider setup. But since the motor force is twice as high it more than makes up for the added mass.

Hmmm... You tempt me. Gotta ask... is the Fs below 30?

When do you think you will release preliminary T/S parameters?

Yay this is fun! Nothing like customer service. Your a great guy for putting up w/ the questions Jacob!!!

Hmmm... You tempt me. Gotta ask... is the Fs below 30?

When do you think you will release preliminary T/S parameters?

Yay this is fun! Nothing like customer service. Your a great guy for putting up w/ the questions Jacob!!!

I've posted several sets of TS in different configurations in the testing thread, actually ;)

Jacob

I see you went with 4 1500's instead on 2 3000's. Is there any reason why?

I changed to two 3000s on 16v later -- my signature is out of date :) I change so much I don't update it.

Just use what I have -- I always put used amps in the Jeep so I'm not taking good new amps out of inventory.

Jacob

Unless it was said in another post. Are you planning on releasing a 18" version of this as well? And your favorite question if you are are you looking for the same time frame for release? Whens the presale going on for these beasts,monsters,nightmares or Solar Eclipse :bigclap:

Jacob

Unless it was said in another post. Are you planning on releasing a 18" version of this as well? And your favorite question if you are are you looking for the same time frame for release? Whens the presale going on for these beasts,monsters,nightmares or Solar Eclipse :bigclap:

15s and 18s primarily... will build 12s by request (don't suggest it) and will NOT build 10s for consumers.

Maybe 3-4 months possibly.