Sign in to follow this  
kryptonitewhite

Infinite Baffle pics and vids

Hello, I've been planning an in-car IB set up for about 3 months now, I finally ordered and received a Fi IB3 18 a little while back. It's going to be hard to get an 18.5" diameter in a trunk opening to the cabin... but I'm creative.

I need a bunch of pics and vids for some inspiration and some ideas... please help!

Thanks in advance.

Krypto

just bust out that can of creative juice, throw a big piece of mdf on there, and get high with some fg and resin, and post some pics when you're done! haha. i dont know a thing about doing IB...

do you have to totally seal everything off? like patching up the rear deck area and all that?

sounds good to me... but as I get older, all this work just sets me back... ya, gotta seal everything up as good as possible... I wish the GF would just get the rendezevous so i can do the huge ported... but sounds like a no go, so IB :(

just bust out that can of creative juice, throw a big piece of mdf on there, and get high with some fg and resin, and post some pics when you're done! haha. i dont know a thing about doing IB...

do you have to totally seal everything off? like patching up the rear deck area and all that?

you have to totally seal it up. rear deck everything

you have to totally seal it up. rear deck everything

ugh..

and after all that work, if you get a different car, you cant just pull all your hard work out and transfer it somewhere else or sell it... I'm tryin hard to get her to get a rendezevou :)

17-19 cubes available :P

If I read it right, the IB3 is for IB applications only...you'd be better off with a diffrent driver for ported..

If I read it right, the IB3 is for IB applications only...you'd be better off with a diffrent driver for ported..

The IB3 is for "true" IB applications, not "fake" car audio.

True infinite baffles require the driver to be in 25 times it's Vas. The IB3 18 Vas is 13.8 cubic feet. My trunk is less than that(let alone 25 times that), therefore my trunk would be a chitty leaky flexing sealed box, nothing close to an Infinite Baffle.

That asside, I don't choose my drivers by being labeled "IB" or "sealed only" or "SPL". I choose my drivers by Thiele/Small parameteres. It has a low Fs, low inductance, high Xmax, and enough power handling to reach it's potential if I put it in a large enough box and tune low enough... exactly why i chose it.

Edited by kryptonitewhite

The IB3 is for "true" IB applications, not "fake" car audio.

True infinite baffles require the driver to be in 25 times it's Vas. The IB3 18 Vas is 13.8 cubic feet. My trunk is less than that(let alone 25 times that), therefore my trunk would be a chitty leaky flexing sealed box, nothing close to an Infinite Baffle.

That asside, I don't choose my drivers by being labeled "IB" or "sealed only" or "SPL". I choose my drivers by Thiele/Small parameteres. It has a low Fs, low inductance, high Xmax, and enough power handling to reach it's potential if I put it in a large enough box and tune low enough... exactly why i chose it.

agree with you, but most people dont know what the tsp's are for sadly.

and op why would you want vids? i/b setups dont have heart pounding bass if thats what you are looking for.