Sign in to follow this  
rk772

Excessive amperage or iraggi

Just wanted to hear everyones experience with the two companies. They both offer pretty much the same alternator for my car at the same price. I'm just trying to decide which to go with

people say that iraggi lost there tocuh when they went main stream... customer service went down.. quality control down hill stuff like that//

i donno if its true.. i dont use either company.

i don't have any personal use but i've seen iraggi in a lot of the comp cars down here in texas and my buddy has trophies and a ring from south padre having iraggi 350amp alt he pulled a 153.8 legal in his blazer 1 15btl 2 pca2000ds and 4 kenitik batteries 3 2400s and 1 1800

people say that iraggi lost there tocuh when they went main stream... customer service went down.. quality control down hill stuff like that//

Who do u use? I'm looking for a direct bolt that plugs into the OM wiring plug. I need at least 200amps. Iraggi and EA both want $425 shipped. HO alternators wants $640

i bought an h/o on ebay.. from a man in miami that makes them

i have had it rebuilt localy many times. i refuse to spend 6 bills on an alt.

DB electrical...cheap and they put out more then rated(240amp alt benched at 273 at 2krpm)...no problems with mine and CS was great

I've heard too many bad stories about both companies for me to choose one. I'll be reppin' Mechman come summer time

I would take a look at the DC and Mechman. They both are starting to become more popular.

PowerMaster?

I can only comment on the customer service at www.dcpowerinc.com. Its pretty much like dealing with Jacob at Sundown. Rob is the owner and you can talk to him directly at the number on their website. He talked me through a couple of problems I was having installing my MLA module I bought with my 250a alt while he was driving his kids home from school, now thats customer service !!!

I have no experience with the other vendors so I can't comment on their service. but you won't be sorry with DC Power.

I can only comment on the customer service at www.dcpowerinc.com. Its pretty much like dealing with Jacob at Sundown. Rob is the owner and you can talk to him directly at the number on their website. He talked me through a couple of problems I was having installing my MLA module I bought with my 250a alt while he was driving his kids home from school, now thats customer service !!!

I have no experience with the other vendors so I can't comment on their service. but you won't be sorry with DC Power.

I was initially going to get an Iraggi but have read several negative reviews on other forums. When I send him an email, it takes several days for a return.

Customer service is one of my top concerns. I called DC today and Dave answered on the first ring. After talking for a while, I ended up ordering a 260 amp alternator. He said it should ship in about a week. It's gonna be pushing these bad-boys through two powermaster batteries:

DSC01521.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

DSC01526.jpg

DSC01527.jpg

Edited by rk772

it looks like people like mechman and dc. When I talked to mechman he told me that their 250 amp alt does 150 at idle which is real nice. It doesnt help too much on a street car if you have to rev to 2200 to get 150 amp like most companies. Also my car uses a small case Nippendenso alt which i have seen rewound to 200 amps but still like 80 at idle and decreases the life expectancy because of the small case. So he MACHINES an entirely new larger case that fits the stock bracketry.

So Jon.... what do you use?

it looks like people like mechman and dc. When I talked to mechman he told me that their 250 amp alt does 150 at idle which is real nice. It doesnt help too much on a street car if you have to rev to 2200 to get 150 amp like most companies. Also my car uses a small case Nippendenso alt which i have seen rewound to 200 amps but still like 80 at idle and decreases the life expectancy because of the small case. So he MACHINES an entirely new larger case that fits the stock bracketry.

Wow..... who knows of anybody else that would do that???

So Jon.... what do you use?

Woops - would help if I read the entire post.....