Sign in to follow this  
hotsauce

electrical question

i plan on running 1 18" fi btl, and i really would like to give it as much power as i can without getting a new alternator,mine is a 120 amp. so if i got the saz-3000d can i run it off that if i did the big 3 upgrade and got a good start up battery up front and an extra battery in back?

any help is appreciated and any other suggestions you have would be great, thanks

i plan on running 1 18" fi btl, and i really would like to give it as much power as i can without getting a new alternator,mine is a 120 amp. so if i got the saz-3000d can i run it off that if i did the big 3 upgrade and got a good start up battery up front and an extra battery in back?

any help is appreciated and any other suggestions you have would be great, thanks

From Sundown's website: "Sundown Audio only recommends this amplifier for experienced users with an upgraded alternator and additional batteries* due to the enormous power output potential."

If you want to use it to it's full potential: BIG 3, new starting battery, and add a secondary battery. I'd pick up a voltage meter so you can monitor that. You may need to add a third battery. Just keep an eye on things.

i dont want a cheap one, but i think its stupid to spend as much on a battery as you did your sub, just name a few that are regarded as good batteries that are reasonably priced :)

Powermaster is the way to go. You can also look into Kinetic. I'd pick up the biggest Powermaster you can fit underneath your hood and then the D3100 for the trunk. I'm not sure how many a stock alternator can power though. I'll have to leave that for someone with more experience.

deka

Ah, how foolish, I forgot about Deka. Look at the Deka Intimidators. They are great batteries, for a LOT less.

I would upgrade your alternator either way. I dont know about you but i wouldnt want to spend the kind of money to get that amp and then possibly burn it up. JMO