sorta noob question but ive never had this particular predicament before

Would it be ok to run 4 awg from the ground on the batt to my amp and run 1/0 from the+ batt to a distro to my amp.

i know the ground and power have to be the same awg when putting them into a amp. my car has a very poor ground in the trunk and this option will save me some money an time until i can get more 1/0 to run from the front to the back.

my amp has 4 awg inputs so would i be ok doing this since i would be using both 4awg for ground and power.

i do plan on upgrading the the gound to 1/0 since im goin to add a few batts but this is only temp for maybe a month.

is the battery in the trunk? if not then just run the 1/0 guage from the positive (amp) to the bat and use like 1.5-3 foot (if you could spare) of the 1/0 and ground it in the trunk

Edited by dtcharneski

is the battery in the trunk? if not then just run the 1/0 guage from the positive (amp) to the bat and use like 1.5-3 foot (if you could spare) of the 1/0 and ground it in the trunk

no batts in the back yet.

thing is mustang have very poor grounds so i dont want to ground my amp in the trunk anymore.

no batts in the back yet.

thing is mustang have very poor grounds so i dont want to ground my amp in the trunk anymore.

Ground to the frame

Ground to the frame

i dont think i have enough 1/0 for that. basically what im asking would it be ok to run a straight 4awg ground since the amp is getting a 4awg from the disro. sorry if im frustrating but im really confused

Yeah that should suffice.

Use both the body AND the extra 4ga. Do you have a seatbelt bolt close to the amp ? I prefer grounding to those. Or any solid bolt in the body.

Use both the body AND the extra 4ga. Do you have a seatbelt bolt close to the amp ? I prefer grounding to those. Or any solid bolt in the body.

not a seat belt close. would the seat belt have less resistance than the batt? doubt it but would it be close?