rushnrun

How About a Side by Side by Side by Side by Side Comparison?

Well I decided to pull all my "big boys" outta the closet... time for some pics and testing... I'm really doing this to find out which amp will be the most efficient for my next install.

The competitors Sundown SAZ3000D, Massive Audio P3000D, Swiss Audio SDX2000A, Clif Designs CD4800LX(amp is sold,pics only) , Visonik 4000

DSCN3002.jpg

DSCN3003.jpg

DSCN3004.jpg

DSCN3005.jpg

DSCN3006.jpg

DSCN3007.jpg

DSCN3008.jpg

DSCN3009.jpg

DSCN3010.jpg

DSCN3011.jpg

DSCN3012.jpg

DSCN3013.jpg

DSCN3014.jpg

DSCN3015.jpg

DSCN3016.jpg

DSCN3017.jpg

DSCN3018.jpg

DSCN3000.jpg

DSCN2999.jpg

DSCN2996.jpg

DSCN2997.jpg

DSCN2998.jpg

Edited by rushnrun

**Uploaded the wrong swiss amp photo... That's just a 600.2 not the 2000A... I'll fix it later today

Nice close ups of some amp guts.

batteries are all hooked and on trickle (a couple were floating low... 11.8ish most float at 12.9)... other than that no... I've gotta get the deck wired and I'll be ready to roll.... I may do something tonight.. pending the weather--if it's warm outside I've gotta be out working on the civic's build I have a comp on 2-21 and I have yet to start any building-other than I ran some power wire and rca's.

I've got some better detail pics of the internals if anyone want to see them... (I didn't realize the quality was set so low on the camera when I took the first set.)

Looking forward to your results. :)

wow those indeed look beefy that massive is uber long. i had a visonik too and never realized how long the massves are.

subscribing to this forsure

grrrrr... one of the batts leaked acid all over the carpet.... grrrrrrrrrrrr.... the batt is toast it only holds 10.8v... so down one batt and some carpet... good thing I'm not married. :)

grrrrr... one of the batts leaked acid all over the carpet.... grrrrrrrrrrrr.... the batt is toast it only holds 10.8v... so down one batt and some carpet... good thing I'm not married. :)

lol, sucks but hurry up! i want this done with some good results :ghost:

Ok Doing some Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

testing is being done with a single Nightshade 12 with rise it's roughly 2ohm...

1st up

Swiss Audio 1000 (the 2000 won't stay on...) 592 watts something like 78% efficiency... I wrote it down but misplaced it... Not bad for a 1 ohm rated 1000watt amp

2nd

Sundown SAZ-3000D 2387watts, 83% efficiency Not too shabby for a 1 ohm rated amp!

3rd

Massive Audio P3000D 3440watts, 80%efficiency.... 15%more than rated power, this amp is rated at 2ohms...THE ONLY 2OHM MONO AMP IN THE TEST

4th

Visonik..... it's coming up next....

well with my luck I think my VK is faulty... Or I've got some other issue....

anyhow...

Before the amp clips and shuts down into protect (1/4 gain volume 34 or zero gain and volume 39--both gave same results)... 909watts 94.6efficiency... (this number is good and was reproduced within 10ths several times... I didn't believe it myself..)

Basically the amp clips every time I play a sine wave... in this case 60hz cycle (where I test all my amps)

However the amp plays music just fine and puts out more power... However I won't post those numbers because they don't fit with the test..

bummer...

On music I can crank the gain and play it full tilt in upwards of 2k but not for burps... doesn't make sense to me..... anyone want to chime in on that feel free :)

Here's the exact numbers...

All were tested using the Single Nightshade 1.2ohm resting roughly 2ohm with rise

Amp Power Produced Consumed Watts Produced Watts Consumed Eff

Swiss SDX1000A 45.2v 13.1A 13.1v 57.5A 592 753 78.6%

Visonik 4000XD 45v 20.2A 12.95v 74.2A 909 961 94.6%

Sundown SAZ3000D 77v 31A 13.1v 219.5A 2387 2875 83%

Massive P-3000D 91v 37.8A 12.0v 360A 3440 4320 79.6%

Massive is the only 2-ohm rated amp... The rest are rated at 1-ohm

Tested with the car off 2A 12v power supply connected.... The visonik kept clipping out... I still don't know why... If I have time I'll test the other one that I have.. The massive clipped on full burps-low voltage.. my batts were getting tired by then.

Edited by rushnrun

WELL THE MEASUREMENTS WERE ALL Spaced out properly prior to posting... looks like the forum doesn't allow extra spaces... :(

Here's the exact numbers...

All were tested using the Single Nightshade 1.2ohm resting roughly 2ohm with rise

Amp Power Produced Consumed Watts Produced Watts Consumed Eff

Swiss SDX1000A 45.2v 13.1A 13.1v 57.5A 592 753 78.6%

Visonik 4000XD 45v 20.2A 12.95v 74.2A 909 961 94.6%

Sundown SAZ3000D 77v 31A 13.1v 219.5A 2387 2875 83%

Massive P-3000D 91v 37.8A 12.0v 360A 3440 4320 79.6%

Massive is the only 2-ohm rated amp... The rest are rated at 1-ohm

Tested with the car off 2A 12v power supply connected.... The visonik kept clipping out... I still don't know why... If I have time I'll test the other one that I have.. The massive clipped on full burps-low voltage.. my batts were getting tired by then.

i'm sorry, but the visonik is rated at only 2 ohms mono, that's prob why it's clipping

i'm sorry, but the visonik is rated at only 2 ohms mono, that's prob why it's clipping

The visonik is stable to .5ohm when run solo (it's advertised as 1ohm)... strapped it's recomended that the load be 2ohm (but one ohm stable)... same as the clif amps I had a while back..

I've been told there are several guys that run these strapped at one ohm (on 16v)...

I need to pull my other amp out and test it to see if it does the same, just to make sure something isn't wrong with the one amp..

***It was running two ohms (with rise) anyway.... dual one nightshade wired in series... 1.2ohm resting...

The visonik is stable to .5ohm when run solo (it's advertised as 1ohm)... strapped it's recomended that the load be 2ohm (but one ohm stable)... same as the clif amps I had a while back..

I've been told there are several guys that run these strapped at one ohm (on 16v)...

I need to pull my other amp out and test it to see if it does the same, just to make sure something isn't wrong with the one amp..

***It was running two ohms (with rise) anyway.... dual one nightshade wired in series... 1.2ohm resting...

The visonik is 2 ohm stable unless modded, and its rated power is @ 17V's. So maybe it clip's because of the voltage.

Sorry You're right, they're rated at 2 ohm... I thought they were the same as the old vx1800d's... I talked to my buddy and he said all the guys running 1 ohm strapped have "modded" it, but all they're doing is bypassing the protection circut.. apparently on 12v the amp has issues with going into protect... I searched online and found a bunch of forum topics on the issue...

I don't have a 16v setup to test with so maybe I'll put a 4-ohm load on it and see what it does...

I don't have time to test now or anytime soon though..

Props on the test !

Also, very surprising result out of the Massive P3000.1