ohhsosmooth

Whats with RE SE's?

Is it just me or do more and more ppl just keep asking about RE Audio SE's?

Is the SE that good for the price?

Im not putting the SE down or anythign im just wondering..

My friend recently bought a 10 inch, and is running it off of an AudioQue amp, and it suprised me. It's in a ported box and built to specs, and it was loud and clear. It was vibrating his rearview mirror soo much he had to keep adjusting it. :D This was all in a 2006 honda fit.

A very good sub for the price, sound very nice. I think they blend well with music, from my experience with them.

Hmm..

I guess so then..

I've never heard them in person..

Guess they are good then..

Might have to try one out in the future..

4 10's on 5000 watts hitt 146.8 db in a truck, clean and loud woofers!!!!!! enuf said

They have been around for a long time. It's probably just statistical coincidence that there are a couple threads involving them right now.

yes they have been around a few yrs

from what i have seen is that they used to be cheaper b4 USamps bought them over so the higher price turned some ppl off from RE & at the same time other brands were coming out too but occasionally some online stores & on ebay u get some gr8 deals on it so some ppl take advantage of that

look at its specs , can drop low & do get loud while maintaining SQ

heard some & used some , really good sub for the price IMHO

Edited by Mr. Loud

I believe the latest SE's are built in china, probably the reason for the big drop off in price.

I believe the latest SE's are built in china, probably the reason for the big drop off in price.

aha :captain:

I Loved/love my old SE12, After 5-6years of ABUSE it's still going strong.. I've TRIED to blow this woofer and it's never blown... I've hooked as much as 5k to it with no real issues (dust cap came loose-probably from cone flex) Posted High 140's (148's+) with the single all sealed on the dash term lab stock class

I've thought about buying another New style SE and see how they compare.... I doubt they hold the power like the old one.

You've got to be kidding me!!! WTF? Mine was hand-made in California in December 2001 January 2002 :D

T

threw a company called the wolesalehouse they are selling them for like 110 or 125 for 1 15

You've got to be kidding me!!! WTF? Mine was hand-made in California in December 2001 January 2002 :D

T

Those should be called SE classics.

bought mine a few years ago 2 10's. seperated from the cone in a spec box on spec power (sealed on a ed nine.1) and was told "it happens". so i got to sell two rebuildable subs because noone would help me or tell me why it happened.

I like the sound of the SEs. eBay has great deals for them, like 2 12"s for 199.

Im looking on ebay right now, and I might pick up a pair of 10's

They kinda are cheap..

Would you compare these to the IXL 10's?

Don't forget that USAMPSFREAK has great prices on these in the FS section. Even better than Ebay, and they have a warranty. I am about to pick up a pair of SE-XXX's from him to try

the xxx comps sounded weird IMO i didnt like them

i think he was talking about he sexxx's that are for sale...they're se motor/xxx coil subs that were all the rage like...4 or so years ago maybe..

i think he was talking about he sexxx's that are for sale...they're se motor/xxx coil subs that were all the rage like...4 or so years ago maybe..

thank you lol i didnt really read it at first haha