ABXX49

Recent events

I haven't been to active in the past couple of days and I'd kind of like to share with everyone why. (As you are all like another family :)). I found out on Friday that my Dad's place of employment was shutting down in June. He's been there fro 22 years, and to have this happen is very rough. There are very few jobs around here.. :( Well to make matters worse, he suffered a ruptured anuerysm last night at about 8 O'clock. There's nothing scarier than holding your Dad thinking that it will be the last time you see him.

He was in the process of hanging a wallmount for his new LCD TV in his room last night when he bent down to grab a screw. He stood up and said he has the worst headache ever. Almost immediately he went down to all fours and started loosing consciousness. Easily the scariest moment in my life. I took care of him until the ambulance arrived and he was taken immediately to the ER and had a CT scan done. The results was a brain bleed, but nothing else was known. They called a helicopter and life flighted him to St. Vincents Hospital in Erie, PA. Last night about 2 O'clock he underwent surgery in which they entered through his femoral artery and placed slinky like coils in his anuerysm. He is now rather stable in the ICU just down that hall. He is drugged up, and I have yet to be able to communicate. Within the next hour he is heading back down to CT where they will do another scan to check the bleed. Hopefully there is no bleed and they can just drill the drainage tube. It's be a hard and unfair week. At 49 years old, it's too soon to see your father have something like this happen. Please keep me and my family in your prayers.

Ryan

oh my,

im so sorry to hear about this, when it rains it pours... lets just hope he has healthcare thru his work and can recover quickly!

i cant even start to think how hard it must have been for you waiting for that EMS bus.

prayin for your family here.

Thanks Jon. I've just been back to see him and he is fussing up a storm! I can tell he HATES being tied up. He is starting to be able to respond to things by squeezing my hand and shaking his head. He should be heading down shortly for his drainage tube. They decided to pass on the CT scan at this time.

Wow man, im really sorry to hear that.

Your family is in my prayers also

harsh man, sorry to hear

you and your family are in my prayers as well, hope everything turns out ok

I've just met with the Doctor. My Dad had a drainage tube put into his forhead and everything went well. The next few days are just watching him and looking for vasoconstriction. Tomorrow morning he's going in for another CT scan and hopefully he'll be awake...hopefully.

I wish you and your family good luck. :(

Aneurysm's are really scary, I wish the best of luck to you and your father.

Best of luck to your family. I've been through something like this a little over 2 years ago and I still think about that day every day :(

omg!

i cant imagine that! i hope the best for you and your dad!

you know SSA has your back man!

You and your family will be in our prayers.

Hang in there man! I'm sure everyone here will be pulling for you and your dad. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I haven't seen my dad today, but the Doctors are checking him for vasospasms. Vasospasms are highly possible and will result in a stroke. He has been kinda fighting the Doctors all mornign my Mom said, which I believe to be a good sign. After they Doplar his cranium for the vasospasms they are sending him back down to for ANOTHER CT scan to check for any further cranial hemoraging. He's a fighter, he'll pull through. Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes. We need them.

Found out they are sending Dad to Buffalo, NY. His neurosurgeon has to go out of town.....sigh.

My prayers are with you and yours man.

Check ur PM's