saywhat?

2 RL-i's in a truck

okay, im lookin at gettin 2 RL-i's for my truck (87 mazda b2200) i want it to wang like hell. problem is ive got only enuff for the tens right now. and im tryna build something over time. ive always wanted tens, and saw the site cuz of reccomendations at CA.com. would this be a good setup to fiberglass? or would it be happier in MDF? ill probably stick to sealed, i wont get metered but i want it to hit pretty good. my ears ring on 2 w3's and 500/1 and thats sorta what i base everything off of, being its the only quality system around my area. everything else is audioblown

depends on how much room u have to give up...

the one 15 will definitely be louder. but it is deeper and thus needs a deeper box. the 2 10's will be loud in their own right, but give up alil in the surface area department, as well as a lil in the xmax department.

the 15 will need about 1.5-2ft^3 to go sealed, the tens from 1-1.5ft^3 for the pair.

i would recommend about 750-900wrms for the 15, the 10's about 1000wrms, though u could get away with 500wrms for either!

either one with at least 500wrms will run with the w3's and IMO beat them (but i have no idea how they are enclosed or what vehicle), though from a model vs model standpoint..i'd think the rl-i's are closer to the w6's and the rl-p runs with a w7.

as to fiberglass vs mdf...use mdf for as much of the enclosure as u can..and fiberglass for everything else...

like any nice straight areas, especially if they are long, need to be mdf..but u can still do a custom baffle adn slope ur subs or whatever. glass would be nice if u have a slopey floor and trying to get all the air space u can.

hope that helps some!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

depends on how much room u have to give up...

the one 15 will definitely be louder. but it is deeper and thus needs a deeper box. the 2 10's will be loud in their own right, but give up alil in the surface area department, as well as a lil in the xmax department.

the 15 will need about 1.5-2ft^3 to go sealed, the tens from 1-1.5ft^3 for the pair.

i would recommend about 750-900wrms for the 15, the 10's about 1000wrms, though u could get away with 500wrms for either!

either one with at least 500wrms will run with the w3's and IMO beat them (but i have no idea how they are enclosed or what vehicle), though from a model vs model standpoint..i'd think the rl-i's are closer to the w6's and the rl-p runs with a w7.

as to fiberglass vs mdf...use mdf for as much of the enclosure as u can..and fiberglass for everything else...

like any nice straight areas, especially if they are long, need to be mdf..but u can still do a custom baffle adn slope ur subs or whatever. glass would be nice if u have a slopey floor and trying to get all the air space u can.

hope that helps some!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

thank you for the great feedback. i have about 9 cubes i can give up as im not using the rear for anything but audio. if i were to go with a RL-p 15, would u say a crossfire 1000 would work, or could a diamond 600/1 do any justice if ported in a larger box? im really just lookin at the subs right now and getting them and the box in. my floor is curvy and all but really does play no difference in what im lookin for. im thinkin maybe the one 15 have it slope from the window, then the sub, the mount the amp on the other side of the truck some how. i also like the MDF wrapped in tweed setups, where the box is built, then a baffle the length and width of ur full area is used to make it look as a "wall" but laying flat, not upright. this way my school books have a place to be while im driving, u know, have a little section with a fence so they cant hit the sub, and possibly put some plexi over the amps to conceal them. thanks for all the imput, it was greatly appreciated

either amp would work..

if using the smaller amp..go a lil larger...for ported..i'd suggest somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5-2.75ft^3 tuned to 34 hz with 40in^2 of port...

if using the bigger amp...run 2-2.25ft^3, same tuning and port area...

if going with the tens...

smaller amp...1.25-1.5ft^3 per sub (2.5-3ft^3 total) with about 20in^2 of port per sub (40in^2 total) and tuned to 36hz

bigger amp.... .75-1ft^3 per sub (1.5-2ft^3 total) with same port and tuning...

either way will get ya loud and low!!

and ur welcome

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

talk about helpful.....thank ya so much, ill be goin with the 15 im guessin. its a little cheaper right now, and im sure i will be happy with it. can someone tell me cost with shipping?

PS-can i get a logoless 15?

talk about helpful.....thank ya so much, ill be goin with the 15 im guessin. its a little cheaper right now, and im sure i will be happy with it. can someone tell me cost with shipping?

PS-can i get a logoless 15?

those last two questions...

email mike@soundsplinter.com

he'll be able to answer quicker..also, include ur zipcode..lol...

and the big thing is getting his signature on the cone...ask for it...he loves that!! :rocking:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

does he charge extra for the autograph or what? or is it just a cool memorabilia to have? i gotta admit a logoless with a signatur would look sweett!!!! the email is sent.

does he charge extra for the autograph or what? or is it just a cool memorabilia to have? i gotta admit a logoless with a signatur would look sweett!!!! the email is sent.

Don't take this the wrong way.. but you're all NUTS! :lol2:

I'll sign the damn things for free if you really want me to deface your product wink2.gif

Thanks for the grade-A assistance Kent thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

damn I never thought about that,

they could carry more value down the road,

"limited Edition Signed Sound Splinter RL-p"

damn I never thought about that,

they could carry more value down the road,

"limited Edition Signed Sound Splinter RL-p"

i tried that line on him..lol...he didn't buy it..lmao

but anyway, ur welcome mike! anytime!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Don't take this the wrong way.. but you're all NUTS! :lol2:

I'll sign the damn things for free if you really want me to deface your product wink2.gif

Thanks for the grade-A assistance Kent thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

:stupid: i would agree with you on this mike...your a cool guy and all.

but i don't want no d@mn writing on my sub. if i came out to

my car and found some one wrote on a sub i'd probably break an arm!!!

but then again...i have uv leds that light up the subs, and i was thinking of getting an invisible uv marker and color the logos, so they glow

:lame:i know...but oh well