cuzzinz

Which Sub should I get?

Well this is my first post. This is a great forum I cant believe I havent discovered it till now. LOL.

Well here is my story...

I had a Kove Armageddon ZM 15" in a 2 cu FT enclosure in my F-150....well Since then I have moved on... unfortunately without a speaker system in my cars.

I have a 2008 Mazdaspeed3 and I am planning on getting a 12" sub and setting it up in the floor of the hatch. (Ill be taking my spare out... Thats what AAA Platinum is for)

Well here is my question. I want the sub to hit pretty hard but I prefer SQ over SPL.

My idea is to build a sealed enclosure in the 1.2 cu Ft range for one 12" Fi Q w/ the BP option but the dilemma I have is that I have also been looking into the Boston Acoustic G512 subs since they are being discontinued and are coming out to be a lot cheaper than I thought they ever would get. So which sub would sound better in a sealed enclosure of that size?

The sub will be powered by a Hart Audio 1200watt amp... (its been sooo long i cant remember the model number)

BTW i wanna say thanks to Scott for providing the world with a wonderful company that offers great subwoofers at an amazing price point. I can go way back in the "Underground" world of car audio... lol I have had a Kove Armageddon for at least 6 years now and I got my inspiration from my buddy that use to run a RE 15" (cant remember the series) i believe it started with M but this was back in 2003-2004. Either way he had that sucker in a 6/4 dropped silverado step side in a ported 6.5 cu ft. box . He went to a competition out in texas and hit 150.3 dBs and killed everyone in his class.

Oh ya I'm selling my 15" Armageddon ZM if anyone is interested. PM me.

Here is a picture of my sub....still in excellent condition.

DSCF2814.jpg

PS sorry for the RANT

I had a 12" Q and I loved it. While your at it, look into the SSA Icon, IA Flatlyne, and the Mach5 IXL. All can be found on this forum! :)

WOW Heart gear is really hard to find I know someone that will be Vary jealous. lol. What to you think Thumpper lol :P

Will you post pic of that amp??

Edited by efxtruck

Wow, Kove and Hart in the same topic. Anyway, the Q is a very strong sub woofer if you are going with Fi. :)

i ment have you sold it yet

No i have not sold the sub yet.... PM me or email me if you are interested. ccousin@gmail.com

Also if anyone is looking for a little sub for the girlfriend I am selling a Kove 10" XS sub too. Offer me a price if you are interested... Good little sub for the girlfriends car or something. Its in a sealed box...do not know the actual cu/ft probably... .3-.5 ... good little hitter though...

Edited by cuzzinz

Didnt US amps buy kove or something??