Mark LaFountain

Group Buy HID Kits (updated w/install pics)

post from CLZZ (TRP Vendor Section)

http://www.classifiedzz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=366

I got my order in for my two cars. Thought i'd share the love and offer this to everyone on behalf of TripleRperformance.

We are having a good sale on some HID kits. I am wanting to do a mass order of at least 10 as the price for shipping will be much lower. Well the price for each kit will be $65, and shipping will be around $25 so $90 if we can get 10 orders placed. I can do single orders at $65 and $45 for shipping, so $110 for a single order. Kits can be ordered in H1/H3/H4/H6/H7/H8/H9/H10/H11/H13/9004/9005/9006/9007/880/881/D2/D1 and color levels of 3000K, 4300K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K, 12000K, and 25000K. There are also some really off the wall colors available, Green, Yellow, Red, Purple(add $3 for these colors) A metal case can be used also for only $2.

Motorcycle kits also available. PM me about them.

All Inquires should be sent too user "TRP"

Get your order in by Sunday and save on shipping.

aluminum.jpg

newpackingwholekit.jpg

specailcolortemperature.jpg

colortemperature.jpg

Got an order going out this week, the more orders we have the more everyone will save. So lets get these orders in as soon as possible. Wednesday is really the longest i want to wait to order. Shoot me a PM if you wanted more info.

can you find out if the HID input to the balist can be cut?..

the reason..

i need a H5001... but thats a 1970's sealed bulb....

i can get the plastic bucket but i still need to splice the input side of the HID to the OEM wiring./

Well i am trying to understand what you are asking? If it is sealed then you cant use HIDs, unless you were to cut out the OEM bulb and place the HID some how and either epoxy it in or something. can you please explain more.

Well i am trying to understand what you are asking? If it is sealed then you cant use HIDs, unless you were to cut out the OEM bulb and place the HID some how and either epoxy it in or something. can you please explain more.

like i said i can get the plastic bucket...

like this.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2&viewitem=

so that gives me the ability to use another bulb... or a HID conversion..

now i have HID's on one of my cars.. and the kit said DO NOT CUT WIRES>.....

im asking... why not.... can i cut these?

i can keep going if im not getting my point accoss...

well with some good wiring knowledge i dont see why you wouldnt be able to?? I dont want to say yes though. Really as long as you make sure you have hot and ground on the right wires i dont see the problem? They used to be that you had to splice them into your vehicle. but well man if you are felling like you wanted a project let me know!! As i am having the order go out early this week. Thanks man.

can you get a 30k... i want a deep purple.

You guys realize.. the higher the color temp, the less visible light there is right?

Stick with 4300-6k (at the MAX). 4300-5000k would be my preference. In most cases, going 8k+ will be significantly less light than stock halogens.

i have 10K now.... brighter then anything on the road.....

but i want 30ks for another reason. not because i think they will be the brightest.

TRP...how much would a single order be shipped to alaska 99517?

killer deal i think...also what brand are the ballasts?

i need to get this for my dads dodge durango for his B-day haha.

NOT a good idea....ssa - this is kinda like promoting say generic crappy subs and trying to pass them off as "good". along with being into car audio, i do hid retrofits on the side for people, and have a bit of knowledge on the subject.

1. (big jon) the higher the kelvin, the lower the lumen output. highest output is at 4300k or so. dont let anyone tell you otherwise

2. you can cut the ballast wires if you'd like. just like any other electrical (like our amps, etc..) its better to give clean power to them...a wiring harness connected directly to the battery that's triggered by the oem harness works best in ALL situations.

3. kits...ANY kits, put out massive glare. i dont care if nobody has flashed you, or whatever...your car is a glare monster w/ a hid kit just dropped in. the stock halogen reflectors/fluted lenses are made for halogen output. hid DOES put out more light, and therefore needs special care to control that light, whether in the form of specialized reflectors (lexus is300, older acura tl, toyota prius etc...) or projectors (infiniti, bmw, that stuff)

4. your lights are NOT likely to be "better" with hid's. the glare and control problems i just mentioned come into play with putting light down on the road also....the beam pattern will most likely be horrible with hot-spots everywhere and terrible glare that plays "tricks" on your eyes creating an overall worse experience than with halogens alone

i understand that people will inevitably run hid kits no matter what, and to be honest, i was there 6 years ago, but if you ever get the chance to drive a car with good projectors, fresh bulbs, possibly 50w boosted ballasts, and other upgraded goodies, the difference is unbelieveable.

just wanted to give a heads up to those interested in going "kit" style HID

That's REDICULOUS

You guys realize.. the higher the color temp, the less visible light there is right?

Stick with 4300-6k (at the MAX). 4300-5000k would be my preference. In most cases, going 8k+ will be significantly less light than stock halogens.

THANK YOU. so sick of seeing all these idiots using 8,10,12k, etc. and thinking its worth a chit.

i have 10K now.... brighter then anything on the road.....

but i want 30ks for another reason. not because i think they will be the brightest.

no, they aren't. and i can prove it, without even seeing them. guaranteed.

NOT a good idea....ssa - this is kinda like promoting say generic crappy subs and trying to pass them off as "good". along with being into car audio, i do hid retrofits on the side for people, and have a bit of knowledge on the subject.

1. (big jon) the higher the kelvin, the lower the lumen output. highest output is at 4300k or so. dont let anyone tell you otherwise

2. you can cut the ballast wires if you'd like. just like any other electrical (like our amps, etc..) its better to give clean power to them...a wiring harness connected directly to the battery that's triggered by the oem harness works best in ALL situations.

3. kits...ANY kits, put out massive glare. i dont care if nobody has flashed you, or whatever...your car is a glare monster w/ a hid kit just dropped in. the stock halogen reflectors/fluted lenses are made for halogen output. hid DOES put out more light, and therefore needs special care to control that light, whether in the form of specialized reflectors (lexus is300, older acura tl, toyota prius etc...) or projectors (infiniti, bmw, that stuff)

4. your lights are NOT likely to be "better" with hid's. the glare and control problems i just mentioned come into play with putting light down on the road also....the beam pattern will most likely be horrible with hot-spots everywhere and terrible glare that plays "tricks" on your eyes creating an overall worse experience than with halogens alone

i understand that people will inevitably run hid kits no matter what, and to be honest, i was there 6 years ago, but if you ever get the chance to drive a car with good projectors, fresh bulbs, possibly 50w boosted ballasts, and other upgraded goodies, the difference is unbelieveable.

just wanted to give a heads up to those interested in going "kit" style HID

very good post. all true. i wish people wouldnt use em, but what can you do:(

The stuff they sell on ebay is plastic so wouldn't the heat output of those HID bulbs just melt everything?

I think about 25000K is the highest kelvin i can get with this company. But they do have actually a purple bulb if you look at the original post, third picture down those are specialty color bulbs.

TRP...how much would a single order be shipped to alaska 99517?

killer deal i think...also what brand are the ballasts?

i need to get this for my dads dodge durango for his B-day haha.

I will have to find out on that shipping. Give me a day or two if you can, i need to call my manufacture. And the same goes for the brand i am sorry i dont remember of hand right now. They are made in China, but there isnt much that isnt nowadays! But when are you needing to order by i will do my best to make sure you get them by then!! Thanks.

Yes the brightest color would be a 4300K-6000K which is what most OEM bulbs are, but i personally really like the 8000K, still really bright with a nice bluish tint to it. And yes most vehicles are not designed to have an HID system, but they can be worked with if you lower them slightly most times it is a slight solution, without doing a full retrofit or going to a projector headlight. But it is a personal preference like every other thing we do to our vehicles.

The stuff they sell on ebay is plastic so wouldn't the heat output of those HID bulbs just melt everything?

Well the post lists them as being metal, i am not saying that ebay doesnt lie, just stating what the listing has. Also the bulb would be far enough away that i would not think it would affect anything.

Thanks everyone, and again if you would like to order please order them by about tuesday so i can get this weeks order out.

Edited by TRP

are these headlights?

Haha they sure are.

i like retro fitted HIDs too...but i dont wanna do all that work again. i cant find any TSX projectors for cheap anymore.

they have 5000k Kits?

9006 size bulb

Yes that color and bulb is available.

i dont know muchabout these stuff but they lok tight i might have to get me an order

Well if you would like to order i would suggest getting you order in by tomorrow and the next day, prices will be alot cheaper. Thanks.

i like retro fitted HIDs too...but i dont wanna do all that work again. i cant find any TSX projectors for cheap anymore.

Yea the TSX has some great projectors. Were you wanting to order these up for your dad still, if so let me know so we can get payment worked out and ordered up for you.

Thanks everyone for your interest and comments.

yeah i guess your right. either way the plan is scrapped for now.. im gonna try and sell this 75 i have. i just dont feel its in my goals anymore.

well man sorry to hear you are gonna sell the car, did you plan on working on it and just cant or dont want to? Any plans for another project? Good luck man.