fatjoe61682

3 WMD18D2's or AQHDC318's

35 cubes tuned at 40Hz. 555 square inches of port. Power will be 5000-7000 on burps. Could i safely run this enclosure daily between 2000-3000 or should i make a port insert? What do you think? What sub's? The IXL18.2's would have been considered but they are not in stock. Thanks in advance for your help.

the hdc3s

i have 4 18"s i haven't installed yet cant wait

the wmd2's look promising but i hear they have spider problems and stuff

also i fail to believe youll find another speaker company you can call and be treated like friend or family

(it trips me out i can call dj up and hell answer in 1-2 rings now that kinda customer support cant be beat)

and i dont see the makers of wmd's staying around audioque is a solid company and brand?

There is a couple problems I see with this:

1) If you can really afford 5-7krms per woofer for burps, you can afford better subs.

2) 35 cubes is way too big for 3 18s. If you want a mix of daily and SPL you could run 6 18s in that space with around 5 cubes per.

3) The port area is too much for 3 subs, especially with the power you will be running.

Id say if you want 18s, buy 3 better 18s if you want to run some serious power, and run a smaller box. You could also just run 2 18s... And get amps that send each about 3krms @ 2 ohms daily, then for burps you could drop the amps to a lower ohm load and really put on the power. Id say get some big 18s like an Atomic, Fi, DD, T3, etc.

In the AQs case (WMDs as well), running 3x the reccomended rms in a box thats double the size it should be with a ton of port would not end well.

There is a couple problems I see with this:

1) If you can really afford 5-7krms per woofer for burps, you can afford better subs.

2) 35 cubes is way too big for 3 18s. If you want a mix of daily and SPL you could run 6 18s in that space with around 5 cubes per.

3) The port area is too much for 3 subs, especially with the power you will be running.

Id say if you want 18s, buy 3 better 18s if you want to run some serious power, and run a smaller box. You could also just run 2 18s... And get amps that send each about 3krms @ 2 ohms daily, then for burps you could drop the amps to a lower ohm load and really put on the power. Id say get some big 18s like an Atomic, Fi, DD, T3, etc.

In the AQs case (WMDs as well), running 3x the reccomended rms in a box thats double the size it should be with a ton of port would not end well.

That power was for all 3 subs not 1. But thanks for posting. Like your work.

But we all do know, that the HDC3's are underrated...

The alums can take 3k daily easy. But you're right, if you wanna burp 5k+ in each, invest in some better subs.

But we all do know, that the HDC3's are underrated...

The alums can take 3k daily easy. But you're right, if you wanna burp 5k+ in each, invest in some better subs.

So seeing around 2-3K each for burps (like he said earlier) should be fine if he does it in a smaller box

AQ's

18 - 19 cubes

19 - 20 sq inch of port per cube

2 - 3k watts per sub

;)

Or check out DC Audio lvl 4 xl's

yarp...

The LV4XL's are VERY close to the price of a HDC3-A shipped. I finally decided to go w/ DC over the AQ's.

Have you considered Nightshades?

Have you considered Nightshades?

Pm me a price each shipped to17702 and the t/s parameters

I don't know how much 18's are gonna cost you shipped :suicide-santa: . T/S parameters have yet to be released tor the 18".

thanks for your input. 4 wmd2 18's it is.

When are you getting them?

I say NAY on the WMD's.

The HDC3 is a poor man's DD 9500. I have seen 2 WMD's take 3K daily, but I have also seen the HDC's get louder with less power.

I say AQ!!

I have 2 of the AQ HD 18's in my Yukon running off a AQ 3500 on each for daily pounding and those things absolutely slam and handle the power with no problems.

I vote for the WMD2's, PAP makes some pretty amazing subs.

You need to message Lord Baccus, he runs two 15" WMD2's on 6,000 daily.

I vote for the WMD2's, PAP makes some pretty amazing subs.

You need to message Lord Baccus, he runs two 15" WMD2's on 6,000 daily.

That's who i was talking about :Doh:

I see him often lol

He sold the WMD's btw

thanks for your input. 4 wmd2 18's it is.

Looks like a good sub. Are you putting them in the 4 runner? Keep us posted on your progress.