I plan on getting one very soon, and was wondering about how much trunk/hatch space is there, roughly. Ive searched online, but they only give the total volume size of the entire cabin. Any help would be appreciated. Sizes for the width, depth and the height of the lowest part of the hatch(planning my system ahead of time....obsessed...lol :D )

Thanks in advance

There isn't much room available back there. And the rear tower bar takes up most of it.

there is a guide in the trunk for fitting two golf bags in though :D

Someone does make a custom box that fits under the rear tower bar. I can't tell you who for the life of me, but someone does.

There isn't much room available back there. And the rear tower bar takes up most of it.

there is a guide in the trunk for fitting two golf bags in though :D

My wifes 5-series has that too. :P

I'll actually be going to visit my buddy who lives in Missouri. He owns an 07, so I can take a quick glance back there with some measurements.

I'm going to be doing a build on an 07 350z over the next month or so for a member on here who doesn't post that often- consisting of DLS amps and front stage with an AA Havoc out back. Once i am able to spend some time i can give you exact measurements. I have the trunk mat on my living room floor right now and can measure that out if you want

Or you can wait a little bit and get the 370Z :D

I know this doesn't help but its just a thought.

Edited by phi

Thanks a lot for al the help :)

But the 370z is way out of my price range, and smaller than the 350,

But after a lot of debating....I'm deciding on the G35 instead....essentially the same car, but a lot more space...so if u can maybe give me some measurements on the trunk lid opening, the inside of the trunk, and the opening of the trunk while the seats are down, much appreciated :)

Oops,

I forgot to add that the measurements part was directed towards manbeer, if possible....I think u have one of the nicest cars haha, sport 6mt, black.....exatcly what I want. Soo if u have time, thanks:)

There is a guy over on DIYMA who has built a TON of G35's. I believe his handle is "simplicityinsound." I would suggest asking him, as I'm not familiar with anyone on here who has a G35. Why can you not take measurements yourself?

you cannot go wrong with a g35.... OR a g37? lol kidding.

Can't take measurements myself because I do not yet own it. I'm juss really planning my next build out very carefully, and want 2 make shure that it can be accomodated in this car. Plus this has been on my mind 24/7, because I'm obsessed....I believe a lot of others on here can relate.

Thanks, unfortunately i think my car is the biggest piece of garbage. It rides like crap, handles like crap, squeaks and rattles like a hooptie and is always breaking down. In fact, i can not give you measurements because it is at the dealer right now, after breaking down on me AGAIN. all it is good for is looking nice standing still. i will avoid nissan products like a case of gonorrhea from now on. Do yourself a favor and go german. 3 series handle better but still absorb the bumps better, are made better and of better materials, and hold up to hard driving better. I will be going BMW or Porsche next...and this is coming from a moderator on a G35 board

Wow^^. :)

Thanks, unfortunately i think my car is the biggest piece of garbage. It rides like crap, handles like crap, squeaks and rattles like a hooptie and is always breaking down. In fact, i can not give you measurements because it is at the dealer right now, after breaking down on me AGAIN. all it is good for is looking nice standing still. i will avoid nissan products like a case of gonorrhea from now on. Do yourself a favor and go german. 3 series handle better but still absorb the bumps better, are made better and of better materials, and hold up to hard driving better. I will be going BMW or Porsche next...and this is coming from a moderator on a G35 board

I feel the same way. I've driven a bunch of them and never been impressed and all my friends that have Nissan's or Infinities seem to have really stupid problems. On the other hand my experience with German cars is the exact opposite.

And all the infiniti/nissan guys do is talk about "japanese reliability" and how german cars have "electrical problems"

Well, i'd rather have a window that doesn't roll down or a seat that doesn't heat up than a car that doesn't get me where i need to go! I think japanese cars are good if you drive like a grandma, 10k miles a year, and never go above 4k rpm. If you like to drive hard, they don't hold up too well...the german cars LOVE to be pushed hard.

And all the infiniti/nissan guys do is talk about "japanese reliability" and how german cars have "electrical problems"

Well, i'd rather have a window that doesn't roll down or a seat that doesn't heat up than a car that doesn't get me where i need to go! I think japanese cars are good if you drive like a grandma, 10k miles a year, and never go above 4k rpm. If you like to drive hard, they don't hold up too well...the german cars LOVE to be pushed hard.

And they usually compare a car with no electrical anything to one that is fully loaded. Funny how now that Toyota is starting to add more of it they are no longer the reliability leader. Japanese reliability was something that was true in the 80's and 90's, but is a really old outdated concept as regularly their American counterpart is better in that regard although the media sure won't pull their head out of their ass. The German cars have issues as well so no carte blanche recommending them, but there are definitely models that are superior in both drivability and reliability. And the best part of a German car is they are actually fun to drive unlike their Japanese counterparts.

you put such a smile on my face when i read that.