Thumpper

Thumppers Ford Windstar Ground Pounder

that enclosure would have costed about a grand to ship to the US..........

finally got the system planned out

Exile sent me a Xi 800.4 amp for my components (class A/B Tripple Darlington design)........I am ditching the JBL GTO

amps on the top end and switching to Exile.....way better customer service and better power going to the mids and tweets

I want to stay below the window line and have as much low end extension as possible with max SQ so I'm going

to go with either four or six Icon 10"...depending on what design I come up with...

I got a buddy who is going with two of my Xcon 15" in a Dodge Dakota powered by a Soundstream XXX 6500

so there will be an added bonus build log coming

Oh boy!

Actually will be curious to hear your thoughts on performance moving to Exile.

well I got the Xi 800.4 in two channel bridged mode on my componets ...8ohm per channel

the amp has a bit more output than the JBL 75.4ll and it sounds ALOT better with a flat eq setting

over the JBL amp..but it is class D compared to class A/B..it is brighter sounding than the JBL

the Xi 2500 isn't a bad amp either....that Lexus SC 400 install I am working on sounds amazing

so the amps are starting to prove themselves

I have been hearing about Exile lately, so they are a good company for amps huh?

the windstars were never made with a honda engine. First generation windstars (1995-1998) either had the 3.0 liter vulcan or the 3.8 liter essex. Now i will say with the first gen windstars there were... a few problems.... but if your's has a honda engine in it, that's not ford motor companies doing. and i like de build :peepwall:

the windstars were never made with a honda engine. First generation windstars (1995-1998) either had the 3.0 liter vulcan or the 3.8 liter essex. Now i will say with the first gen windstars there were... a few problems.... but if your's has a honda engine in it, that's not ford motor companies doing. and i like de build :peepwall:

:o( i guess im a american motor person.

wtb more V8's

Awsome build man :) Big props i love looking at build logs im just getting in to the car audio. You have inspired me to have custom door's :D

In did an oil change on the engine..it's the 3.8 litre

doesn't really matter on the motor...it runs good..not bad on fuel and it has balls when I floor it...LOL

the Exile Xi 800.4 amp has done well and I like it and decided to switch the top end amps so they are sending

me another Xi 800.4 .... at 400w rms per channel there will be 1600w rms on the mids and tweets.................

holy shit, im using that much on my sub lol

Wow, all of this on here is crazy! Did I see cracks in the windshield of page 24?

OK, I see you mentioned that right below the picture... Sorry... :Doh: But are those cracks from the subs?

Edited by Don Ganso

Good luck with the new amps. :)

Wow, all of this on here is crazy! Did I see cracks in the windshield of page 24?

OK, I see you mentioned that right below the picture... Sorry... Doh.gif But are those cracks from the subs?

oh yes, they are !!!

Never heared an Xcon? I have, and I'd love to hear 4 15's Xcon in an instal!!!!!!!!

OK, I see you mentioned that right below the picture... Sorry... Doh.gif But are those cracks from the subs?

oh yes, they are !!!

Never heared an Xcon? I have, and I'd love to hear 4 15's Xcon in an instal!!!!!!!!

Frankly, I'm scared chitless. :faintthud: lol

oh yes, they are !!!

Frankly, I'm scared chitless. :faintthud: lol

Keep in mind that it is Trevors box building skills in there too, so bump that to a double :faintthud::faintthud: ;)

once I'm done with Marks Enclosure I'll be re doing the sub stage for the

Picture1.png?2838

once I'm done with Marks Enclosure I'll be re doing the sub stage for the

Picture1.png?2838

love the graphic :)

Me too. Make a sticker and sell me one.

Very cool!

I am gald you are rebuilding Thumpper. :drink40:

Edited by Sir-Lancelot

these will be available for people with PTS Enclosures...

your gonna see alot of work done with this logo twisted to meet the install