MrBubbles00482

82 Oldsmobile Cutlass Build log

Here is my build log....

Its been going on for about 2 or 3 weeks now, and has to be done by March 6th.

System will consist of...

Eclipse CD3100

Soundstream MPXO7 EQ

(2) DD9918's dual 2 ohm.

(2) DD Z1's

(1) Sundown 100.4

(2) Rockford P162s Components (one set per door so that's 4 6.5's and 8 tweeters total)

(1) 200 amp alternator

(1) Optima yellow top D34/78 (i think thats it)

(3) Kinetik HC2000's

(1) Crimestopper CS 2000 II TW

(4) Runs of 0/1 (two positive two negative)

Wall is roughly 15^3ft gross internal volume...I know it looks small...but I crunched numbers on Bass Box 6 pro, and the12volt.com's calculators for DAYS to get this right. After port displacement the box is around 11^3ft so 5.5 per 18.

I had 1 18" in the trunk on 3200 watts in a 5.5 Net box and it absolutely pounded and picked up EVERYTHING...so hopefully this will yield good results.

The electrical is the week point now...I think I have enough 0/1 but not enough juice for it... 2 Z1's at 1 ohm apiece is going to be pretty power hungry...but I only need it currently to place 2 sweeps by March 6th. After that I'll upgrade electrical some more when money is available.

Second alternator in the future...MLA module in the future..along with 2 more 18's and swapping everything to a 97 Ford explorer V8 and Restoring my car.

Pics...56K beware.

subs.

CIMG0141.jpg

Bolts for the subs.

CIMG0147.jpg

CIMG0149.jpg

Alarm and car completely Stripped to run wires.

CIMG0161.jpg

CIMG0162.jpg

CIMG0163.jpg

KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleckz cable.

CIMG0160.jpg

Huge Darvex order.

CIMG0165.jpg

Soldered 0/1

CIMG0167.jpg

CIMG0166.jpg

Batts.

CIMG0172.jpg

CIMG0173.jpg

Couple of teasers of the wall...lol.

CIMG0156.jpg

CIMG0150.jpg

CIMG0152.jpg

Fuse holders and running 0/1

CIMG0169.jpg

CIMG0168.jpg

CIMG0171.jpg

Stinger volt meter in the dash wired to the back battery.

01-21-09_1632.jpg

Custom fiberglass doors from scratch I did.

CIMG0117.jpg

CIMG0132.jpg

So currently the alarm is done with trunk pic wired into the auxiliary, all 0/1 is ran, and the batteries are in place in the trunk.

Tomorrow I am going to build the amp and battery rack, finish soldering 0/1, hide wires, finish running small wires, re-wire the deck and EQ, re-wire my stinger voltage meter, Re-wire my big 3, fix my alternator belt, and pressure wash the engine bay...lol.

After I finish all that hopefully by 2 o'clock (starting at 6..in like an hour lol) I'm going to go to home depot and get some MDF and 2x4's to build the port, front face, and internal bracing. Then build trim panels...tint the back doors, and Cover the wall in matching fur to the doors.

Once all that is done...lol, if time allows me we will test everything out on my buddies MTX 92001 at a over all 2 ohm load, and then an overall 1/2 ohm load (he runs it at 1/2 ohm daily and it runs like a champ).

DD z1's will be here Monday morning when I go pick them up from FedEx at 8 a.m. then those will go in and the car will hopefully be close to done....if all goes well.

Most likely weather will get bad again and I will be set back another week...

But I hope enjoy the build...I will have lots of pictures tomorrow of stuff and more of the wall portion.

looking good, the only things i thinks need some work is the alarm wiring it looks very sloppy try electrical taping the wires to help make it look more stock and cleaner looking.

lets see some pics of that big body!

looking good, the only things i thinks need some work is the alarm wiring it looks very sloppy try electrical taping the wires to help make it look more stock and cleaner looking.
lets see some pics of that big body!

Ya the alarm is messy right now...its just wired in and working. Still need to mount the shock sensor, valet switch, and LED light. Once thats done the wires will be taped and hidden behind the kick panel along with the unit.

I'll get some pics of her when I get some more done...the alternator is pulled right now to re-wire my big three so it isn't running...and being halfway pulled under my car port its been getting bird chit all on the front, so pics after I wash her.

Hell ye man.

Glad you joined SSA :)

Tha wall is lookin damn good so far

Hell ye man.

Glad you joined SSA :)

THE wall is lookin damn good so far

Thanks bro. I'm looking forward to seeing yall at the show coming up.

Got the rest of the wood I need to finish the wall, so it will be done this afternoon. Picking up the two Z1's tomorrow morning at 8.

I'm going to try and get the rest of this crap done today/tonight so I can at least test things tomorrow. Updates when I get back from work...gotta go in for about an hour =/

Got the rest of the wood I need to finish the wall, so it will be done this afternoon. Picking up the two Z1's tomorrow morning at 8.

I'm going to try and get the rest of this crap done today/tonight so I can at least test things tomorrow. Updates when I get back from work...gotta go in for about an hour =/

Ahh i see. ye we will be there, i dont think hes gonna compete though.

Keep us updated ;)

Ahh i see. ye we will be there, i dont think hes gonna compete though.

Keep us updated ;)

What??? He needs to compete bro. I might can get him a free entry card.

Electrical is almost done. Battery bank is wired, just got to get the amps, and alternator in.

Wall is almost done, front face and port need to be mounted.

Pics tomorrow when I pick up the amps at 8

Hell ye, if you can just holla at me or somthin.

We are gonna come by tomorow and buy a ring terminal off of ya if thats straight.

Hell ye, if you can just holla at me or somthin.

We are gonna come by tomorow and buy a ring terminal off of ya if thats straight.

Ya man that's fine. I can't let to many go though...I'm almost out...lol.

Ya man that's fine. I can't let to many go though...I'm almost out...lol.

haha ye we only need 1, just so i can help him finish the big 3

looking good bro! makes me wish I still had my 85 supreme:(

Couple of pics from the install portion of the afternoon...

One Question...Notice how I have my power wire ran for the amps...they have dual 4 gauge inputs.

The owner of the shop I work at told me to run one line to the fuse holder and then two lines out to the amp...which is what I did.

But do I need to use ALL 4 gauge on that, or run 0/1 from the battery to fuse holder and then 4 gauge from fuse holder to amp?

Pics.

CIMG0191.jpg

CIMG0189.jpg

I wouldnt think it would really matter. But i think you could get more juice to the amps using 1/0

But i would use 1/0 from the batts to the fuses, then the 2 runs of 4guage to the amp's

I wouldnt think it would really matter. But i think you could get more juice to the amps using 1/0

But i would use 1/0 from the batts to the fuses, then the 2 runs of 4guage to the amp's

yea, i agree, you should see any lost of amps if the battery bank is close.

Ok so everything is in...

I got the box done, subs wired up and started testing. When syncing the amps with the single jumper RCA I have phase issues..one hits out while one hits in..

BUT, when running a while RCA from the output on one amp to the other and matching everything as close as possible it hits perfectly...and is loud as fudge...lol.

sooooo idk whats wrong...maybe I don't have something set right on the bridge mode or something....I guess I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Ok so everything is in...

I got the box done, subs wired up and started testing. When syncing the amps with the single jumper RCA I have phase issues..one hits out while one hits in..

BUT, when running a while RCA from the output on one amp to the other and matching everything as close as possible it hits perfectly...and is loud as fudge...lol.

sooooo idk whats wrong...maybe I don't have something set right on the bridge mode or something....I guess I'll figure it out tomorrow.

do thos amps have a phanse knob on them if so one might be switched?? and i wanna see vids of this

Couple of pics from the install portion of the afternoon...

One Question...Notice how I have my power wire ran for the amps...they have dual 4 gauge inputs.

The owner of the shop I work at told me to run one line to the fuse holder and then two lines out to the amp...which is what I did.

But do I need to use ALL 4 gauge on that, or run 0/1 from the battery to fuse holder and then 4 gauge from fuse holder to amp?

Pics.

CIMG0191.jpg

CIMG0189.jpg

I would use a 0 to a fuse block the 2 4's to the amp less resistance