MrBubbles00482

82 Oldsmobile Cutlass Build log

Ok so I'm a retard and I don't know how to hook up an alternator properly. Apparently I forget to hook up my stock alternator to battery wire which ties in to my regulator and regulates my voltage....so my alternator wasn't seeing a charge and was charging wide open which brought my voltage up and fried one of my Z1's

In other news at the MECA show today at the shop I work at I pulled a 147.6 at 45hz at the headrest on the mic stand. This was with the 2 17's on 1 Z1 wired at 2ohm...so I was probably seeing not even 2500 watts total. I also tried out drive by SPL parade, which I pulled a 116 average playing photoshoot by Gucci mane. Mic 6 feet away from the passenger door, with one window down.

The box held up like a champ with no flex and no movement at all. Hopefully I will be in the mid 150's when I get the other Z1 back from repair and strap them up again at 2 ohm.

I should have video's of both my runs tonight when I get home.

Ye. it was a pretty good show, youll easily be in the 150 class with the other z1. sucks i had to leave early though.

you should sell me the Z1's

sorry, once I get the broken one back from repair this will be my setup for the hole season in Modified 5.

lame

Looks loud! Sucks to hear about all the chit you went through with the alty and what not. Lesson learned.

Makes me miss my 85 cutty.

VERY IMPRESSED !

good luck with the amp ,

why didnt run them linked btw ?

VERY IMPRESSED !

good luck with the amp ,

why didnt run them linked btw ?

I was running them strapped at 2 ohm putting out crazy power, but then one popped from a voltage spike.

Vids. And remember this is only on ONE z1 at 2 ohms...not NEAR enough power for these things. expect a lot better numbers when I get the other z1 back from repair.

Sending off the z1 tomorrow.

Drive by SPL run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6U-jJQpl1g

Modified 5 run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ahhLZy9-4U...re=channel_page

Edited by MrBubbles00482