CadillacMatt

I cut two fingertips off today

not the best thing to happen but your lucky it was just tips of fingers

hope it heels fast and be more careful with those saws :(

Get well soon. I hate seeing stuff like this happening :(

x2 on the Saw Stop.

Well, it's healing I think... are they supposed to look like this? I've been changing the bandages twice a day, washing them off and coating them with Neosporin.

***WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES, WEAK STOMACHS LOOK ELSEWHERE***

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj215/C...95/DCP_0067.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj215/C.../DCP_0065-1.jpg

im not doctor but it seems to be want/needing air!

Well, it's healing I think... are they supposed to look like this? I've been changing the bandages twice a day, washing them off and coating them with Neosporin.

***WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES, WEAK STOMACHS LOOK ELSEWHERE***

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj215/C...95/DCP_0067.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj215/C.../DCP_0065-1.jpg

looks like it's coming along okay, my buddy chopped the end of my ex's pinky finger in a door and hers looked like that for a while too (not to mention she was a biotch for weeks). it never hurts to double check with your doctor, i'm sure you could email some practitioner your photos to verify.

so what did you learn? and did it hurt? lol jk

man i would have dried like a girl and not taken pics

holy crap that looks like it would be a pain in the ass!

OxyContin usually does the trick...they gave me that when I had a bone sticking out of my leg from my sled accident.

It sucks when stuff like that happens man, you never realize how much you use your 2 fingers daily until you cut them off haha!!!

good luck hope everything heals up fine!

Honestly this is way out of left field but becoming a rather common treatment, if the tips of the fingers are as blue as they appear in the picture you may want to ask your Dr. about leech treatment to remove the blood from the tips and promote new blood flow (read much better healing time).

The fingers do look a little too wet so it may be good for them to get a little more air than they are but if you're doctor recommended the bandaging method you're using then stick to it.

As for the oxycontin recommendation I highly recommend avoiding that drug unless you're in severe pain. In all seriousness it is a serious drug for serious pain with serious addiction issues. Yes it will kill your pain but the addiction and withdrawal isn't worth it IMO. For what you have a lesser drug would probably work fine. With a drug like oxycontin I'd also be concerned that the lack of pain may cause you to be more careless with the fingers and injure them further without realizing.

but that's just my .02

I was on 80mg OxyContin pills for like a week or so, it did make me pretty euphoric feeling...but it just made me tired mostly. I know tons of people get addicted to them, its insane.

Your fingers are supposed to look like that..

The doctors wanna keep them sealed up from the fresh air cuz so much is cut off, you cud get an infection so easily.

When I bit my tounge off years back it looked liked that when I woke up from sleeping since my mouth was shut while I was sleeping..

Its perfectly fine..Just make sure you keep it really really clean. Dont want it to spread done to your knuckles..

that chit is going to rot off bro, better air it. I dont know what the doc said but as long as you arnt picking your nose keeping the wound open should be much better for it. Maybe get something that will let some air on-to it but will still keep the dirt out but at the same time not sticking to it.

Yeah they told me that the point was for the fingers to stay moist, and that they would get all wrinkly and stuff... I double checked with them yesterday and they said the bandages need to stay on pretty much 24/7, except to clean them out.

Thanks for the advice guys

Yeah they told me that the point was for the fingers to stay moist, and that they would get all wrinkly and stuff... I double checked with them yesterday and they said the bandages need to stay on pretty much 24/7, except to clean them out.

Thanks for the advice guys

sweeeeeeeet

AAAGh thats crazy man!! I usually never post up, but damn your gonna make me post on this, Thats crazy! Makes me weak just to think about it lol Hope things are gettin better for you

It's healing up fairly well! My fingers look like something out of Resident Evil though!

***You know the drill, click at your own risk, c'mon you know you want to :)***

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj215/C...090222-2113.jpg

Look's like their healing ;)

But i hate looking at the pictures haha

Yeah but it's like a train wreck - against your better judgment you just gotta take a peek (even if it's through your fingers) :D

Yeah but it's like a train wreck - against your better judgment you just gotta take a peek (even if it's through your fingers) :D

Haha exactly, thats why i do look :P

From that last Pic I would say you need to let some air on those. With out air they wont heal very well

Man, looking at those pictures reminds me of my little mishap with a tablesaw. Was a stupid kid cutting a 2x4 with gloves and wasnt paying attention and the blade caught the glove. Basically the saw blade cut down the left side of my left middle finger. I ended up having to get like 15 stitches. Luckily the only thing that is permanent is the scar. Glad you are okay. I learned the hard way with the tablesaw and am always damn careful whenever I use one. Oh, and definitely air them out. It makes the healing process go much faster. Keep them bandage to prevent infection but airing them out will allow them to scab over and then you wont have to keep them bandaged.

Edited by wichy