BigPun1982

Ordered my Q15 2 days ago! Now a box?

Here are my details:

2007 Chrysler 300C (Huge Trunk)

Fi Q15 (With BP option)

Cadence iA7 (1000 wrms @ 12.8?, 1200wrms@ 14.4)

Big 3 Wiring Upgrade

Listen to primarily Rap/Hip Hop & R&B

Q#1- How far below the tuning frequency of a ported enclosure can you listen to a sub without causing damage??

Q#2- I love very deep, low bass! I was planning on a box 3.5-4 cf ported, tuned to 28hz. Is setup going to please my needs??

Q#3- Should I have went with the BP option with my power available?? It is free right now, so I figured it couldnt hurt.... right?

I cannot wait to hear this setup!! Anyone posting 140db plus numbers on a single Q in a trunk??

Thanks for your help!!

I currently have Q15 with the BP option, i have tried many boxes from 3.7 to 4.3 the one IMO that is best for lows is the one I'm currently running , 4.0cf @ 30hz the lows are insane. I'm currently powering mine with the sub ch. of a RF 25 to life power 1000(1000 watts @ 1ohm) The the Q with BP can take every bit of 1500 watts if you choose to send it that much... now as far as playing below tuning that's tricky. Honestly its all install dependent. I personally do not use my subsonic filter, but that's ME. I know what my install is capable of, i love hearing my sub play those low notes in the 25 to 30 Hz region. This in a Colorado ex cab, port firing to the drivers side..BTW the highest Ive hit on the term lab is 143 @ 44hz in the 4.0cf @ 30hz box. And yes there are people hitting 140's in a trunk with a Q.

DSCN1174.jpg

Nathan summed it up, but that's what his sub did in a trunk.

Here's what his sub did in his truck.

DSCN1177.jpg

1) Recommended SubSonic Filter to be set at ~4 htz below tuning

2)4.0 @ 30htz. You can make it a little bigger if you want.

3)Def. get the BP.

Edited by nick_19

Awesome! Thanks for the insight fellas!

I went to the RE Website and spec'd a box out @ 4.2 cf. (a lil over 4 cf for displacement) and tuned to 29 hz.

The Cadence amp that I have will be quite tough to dial in my subsonic... I am going to try to get as close to 25 hz as possible.

Getting more and more excited as I wait to get the 15 delivered!!!

Why so low??

I want to make sure that I am not missing out on the lowest end of the audible frequency. I dont want to damage my sub by playing extremely low frequencies through the driver.

I listen to alot of Hip-Hop (Luda, Three Six, Chopped and Screwed Mixes). How low do these genres songs drop??

there isnt nothing chopped and screwed... late nite tip is in the high 20s i think.

Why so low??

I want to make sure that I am not missing out on the lowest end of the audible frequency. I dont want to damage my sub by playing extremely low frequencies through the driver.

I listen to alot of Hip-Hop (Luda, Three Six, Chopped and Screwed Mixes). How low do these genres songs drop??

In the 40hz or so range for most of them, not much music out there that's in the sub 30hz range. (Telarc cd's with classical music/ jurassic park are in teh single digits.)

You can play 1 octave below tuning frequency safely. (If you're tuned at 28Hz you can play 14Hz without damage.)