bobonit

97 Maxima Build Log

Got the center piece cut and fit. I just have to trim the side thatfaces the empty battery compartment. I'm going to order the 5th 925 onMonday, when I put it in, I'll trim the center piece to fit.

dsc01196.jpg

dsc01197.jpg

With the top on.

dsc01198.jpg

dsc01199.jpg

With the carpet on. What batteries?

dsc01200.jpg

dsc01201.jpg

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

Thanks!! I'm kinda digging it too. I just have to figure out how where I'm going to put my buss bars.

Bout time you did an update. LOL j/k

great job. keep it up :popcorn:

Bout time you did an update. LOL j/k

great job. keep it up :popcorn:

No shit right? clap.gif

Battery Rack is done !!!

DSC01205.jpg

Buss Bars are done !!! Just have to put the last screws in one of them and then mount them.

The picture makes them look small, but they are 3/8" x 1.5" x 18" copper with 5/16 stainless bolts.

DSC01202.jpg

Good work on the battery rack. :)

Thanks !!! I'm really happy with it. There is one little measuring flub if you look at the lower left battery, the right wall of its little box is a little thick hehehehe. Other than that I think I did pretty good since I usually suck at angles. Now I just gotta get them wired up.

Thanks !!! I'm really happy with it. There is one little measuring flub if you look at the lower left battery, the right wall of its little box is a little thick hehehehe. Other than that I think I did pretty good since I usually suck at angles. Now I just gotta get them wired up.

I am assuming you did the numbers, but was it more capacity with these 5 smaller models, then 2 or 3 larger ones?

I am assuming you did the numbers, but was it more capacity with these 5 smaller models, then 2 or 3 larger ones?

Yea, more of my decision was based on size and what I can fit in the spare tire well, but the numbers work out to this:

Comparing to a Powermaster D3100:

The D3100 has a Max Amps rating of 3200 and 117ah.

Each D925 has Max Amps of 2400 and 28ah so times 5:

Max Amps of 12000 and 140ah. So I'm getting a little more ah than one D3100 and great burst amps. I also have a Kinetic 1800 under the hood and a 250a DC Power alt, so I'm hoping that will fill the bill. With the weight already going in the trunk, I really don't want to put any more batteries there, if I have to, I might take out the stock battery tray and put a D3100 in the stock location. But that is only if its necessary.

<br />looking good ... keep it up bro.<br /><br />chop<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks!!

sweet looking battery setup :drink40:

sweet looking battery setup :drink40:

This is great work. It is such a inspiration to my build I have kicking around in my head.

Thanks guys !!!

Going in the newsletter. :)

nice work on that rack................ what are you coving it with wood or plexi class

I have a piece of 3/4" birch that was left over that I cut to fit that sits over it now, and I was just going to cover it with some tan felt (want to redo the trunk to match the interior), but now you got me thinking. A plexi window would be pretty cool, I gotta think that one out.

Plexi FTW! It would help show you custom rack but you could cover it up with the carpet when not "showing" and keep it stealth :drink40:

Plexi FTW! It would help show you custom rack but you could cover it up with the carpet when not "showing" and keep it stealth :drink40:

Yea, I wouldn't want to be like one of those women that gets a boob job and then gets pissed when someone looks at her rack!!!!

LMAO! I went to Hooters yesterday and enjoyed looking at some racks fing05.gif

Well I haven't been making much progress on this, but I got a little done. Working 12 hour days sucks, I've been looking for work closer to home so I don't have to drive 3 hours each day.

Anyway, I have the mounts for my buss bars made, I just need to get some trunk carpet to cover them with. Here are the buss bars mocked up with the mounts I made. I will then bolt the wood pieces with the bars on them to the rear of the trunk.

dsc01215.jpg

dsc01216.jpg

Then I can just run the wires up from the batteries to these, which will be pretty much just above the batteries.

Ok, finally an update! I mounted the buss bars in the trunk. They are mounted just under the trunk latch between the tail lights. I made up some cables and connected all the rear batteries together to the buss bars. I haven't hooked up the cables from the front yet, I'm going to charge the rear bank overnight then hook them up to the charging system.

This is all you can see of the cables coming up from under the trunk carpet.

DSC01219.jpg

This is without the trunk carpet, you can see a little more of the cables.

DSC01222.jpg

This is the cover I had made for the spare tirewell, I just covered it with the same carpet I used on the buss bar mounts.

DSC01221.jpg

Another angle.

DSC01220.jpg

Now, without the spare tire cover.

DSC01225.jpg

Here's a good view of the cables and buss bars.

DSC01224.jpg

I need to find the cleanest way of routing the cables, then zip tie them all up nice and neat.

DSC01223.jpg

Thanks for watching.