Sign in to follow this  
jbizzle

jbizzle's 2 18" Sundown Nightshades

Finally got everything in, and it is DAMN loud!

uploadme.jpg

uploadme2.jpg

uploadme3.jpg

Box will stay bare MDF until I get my Sundown SAZ-3500D, as its a pain in the ass to pull the box out.

Setup did a 148.2 @ 50hz, even though I peaked @ 42hz. Problem was I did not have any other tones on hand, so obviously this setup is doing more than a 148.2.

Hopefully next time I can get accurate results :)

Daaaaang thats hittn hard! Are you using any extra batts?

I have 3 Stinger SPV70s in the back.

Sweet :)

I bet your vehicle peak is around 50 Hz ;)

My car peaked @ 42hz, I just wish I had a 40-45hz tone ot get something more accurate.

We'll be meeting up sooner or later :)

Very nice man, hopefully these will stick around for a while, lol.

Thats one big @ss box though, me likes :)

Thanks guys.

My older setup (2 15" HDC3's) peaked lower than these, but they were copper coils.

I believe, now that I have aluminum coils, I peak higher.

Thanks guys.

My older setup (2 15" HDC3's) peaked lower than these, but they were copper coils.

I believe, now that I have aluminum coils, I peak higher.

Woofers have nothing to do with where your car peaks at.... it's the car that determines it...

It should peak around 48-50hz in that vehicle..

*** it'd be louder if your box didn't "choke" the airflow of the port at the hatch.. (I'm assuming it almost touches the hatch all the way across... Looks like it would..)

whats the total dimensions on the box? port size/area? port length? i thought i could fit 18's but i want to be totally sure before i buy. (i dont have the vehicle with me at the moment)

if the port is as chocked as it looks to be then i would try to face the port foward,fold down the seats then metor it again..

whats the total dimensions on the box? port size/area? port length? i thought i could fit 18's but i want to be totally sure before i buy. (i dont have the vehicle with me at the moment)

If I can Fit two Nightshade 18's in a 95 Jimmy, I think any SUV could handle them (unless it's super small). Small box and I can still play music and burp a good score.

MORE POWER!!!

< --- was doing 146 @ 30 hz with 1 18" BTL.

also, the resonant frequency changes with the space available inside the cab. im pretty sure this box is much bigger then the box for the 15's, which would amke your frequency drop i believe.

fold the seats, slide the box forward from the rear gate at least the width of your port. then re-meter it at your frequency.

Sign in to follow this