ncacoates

Mazda Tribute x-con build

ya it was. a lot of money outta my pocket too! but thats okay, i knew he wanted it. and for what it was, it was a great price.

Yep sure did thanks to her. shes the girl every man dreams to have.

noneyet man but damnnn did it get louder. crazy loud

noneyet man but damnnn did it get louder. crazy loud

hehe, was waiting for that comment. :)

Got some new mids to throw in hopefully they have some more punch.

2dahp9c.jpg

Got some new mids to throw in hopefully they have some more punch.

2dahp9c.jpg

very nice and beefy mids, looks like kicker. whats the model number, oh yeah dont let the 3000d scare you i know its a beast (I bet it makes those subs come to life).

Yeah they are kickers but they don't seem like something kicker would make. They sound very nice and seem to be worlds more precise than the kapas. Don't worry the 3000d doesn't scare me at all its a lot of fun haha. gonna try and get a meter on it tomorrow. crossing my fingers on a 149+

Yeah they are kickers but they don't seem like something kicker would make. They sound very nice and seem to be worlds more precise than the kapas. Don't worry the 3000d doesn't scare me at all its a lot of fun haha. gonna try and get a meter on it tomorrow. crossing my fingers on a 149+

Oh snap! Just in time for the team stickers. They are here!

good luck on that metering, i say after all the tuning and u finding the right song to play, i dont see why you cant dance with 150 db

We got it metered this past week and got a 150 on the windshield i believe..... on the headrest it was 148 i think, not 100% positive.

Shes right it was right at a 150 on the windshield and right around a 148 at the headrest. needless to say its a serious ground pounder now. If only i could get the roof stiffened up i think i could break a 150 but that will have to wait so will a h/o alternator for a long time.

Shes right it was right at a 150 on the windshield and right around a 148 at the headrest. needless to say its a serious ground pounder now. If only i could get the roof stiffened up i think i could break a 150 but that will have to wait so will a h/o alternator for a long time.

Great score. Did you happen to get some new vids of it?

That is a great score :)

What did it peak at?

That is a great score :)

What did it peak at?

it seems to stay at 43hz every time. which is more impressive to me than 150 at 55 or 60hz. ill try and get another video soon or later.

150 at 43hz is great for SQ sub woofers. ;)

Well the dash was in need of some serious love so hopefully this will look good. gonna get some pics of it in later on after it drys more.

1z6cdhs.jpg

Got it in tonight kinda looks goofy with a flash but it looks better in regular light so ill try and get one tomorrow. looks sweet in the dark though.

Stock

10zo908.jpg

Painted with flash.... i hate flashes

y2zgi.jpg

Blacked out everything pretty much it makes it look badass in the dark

2rn8y2a.jpg

yeah that stock color trim panel sucked, I like the new color and you gave me some ideas for my car. what did you use and the process to get it to that finish so it will last in heat and not fade? also what would you reccoment to cover screw holes in plastic panels before i do some coloring to the panels.

yeah that stock color trim panel sucked, I like the new color and you gave me some ideas for my car. what did you use and the process to get it to that finish so it will last in heat and not fade? also what would you reccoment to cover screw holes in plastic panels before i do some coloring to the panels.

Just did some light sanding with 120grit and you hammered black from rustolem. Not really and issues with fading iv ever seen with standard rattle can paint. As for filling in holes just rough up the area and use a little bondo its stick just fine. Just remember prep work is more important than anything.

did you use any sealer or clear coat on top or just straight black paint. sorry for all the questions just really impressed with how yours came out and have been skeptical about doing mine for some time now.

Edited by jay-cee

no top coat or anything. im sure it'll hold up fine its not like its gonna be beat on.

Looks great. But did you paint over the images on the HVAC dials?