ncacoates

Mazda Tribute x-con build

Got to check the box out today and the bastard is beefy and huge. Ill get pictures Monday or Tuesday of next week when i get home from my parents. On a side not what do you guys recommend using to seal and paint mdf for a good smooth finish?

Well i finally got around to running the wires its nothing to special but i try and yes i have a ricer intake haha so make the jokes.....

still better than stock :fing34:

Got to check the box out today and the bastard is beefy and huge. Ill get pictures Monday or Tuesday of next week when i get home from my parents. On a side not what do you guys recommend using to seal and paint mdf for a good smooth finish?

hit it with a high grit sand paper > primer > paint > clear > all done :fing34:

Here's my ugly box a lot of work to do on it still but its coming along.

35aj0pk.jpg

2zjkr3k.jpg

Gave up painting for now i was tired fighting it but i think i got a plan to make it look better in the coming weeks but im gonna bump like this for the time being. hopefully ill get the longggg awaited x-cons this week and get a taste of this beast.

103fjww.jpg

f2shtd.jpg

34h86ww.jpg

28cn5kw.jpg

Very solid looking box!! :)

Very solid looking box!! :)

thanks man :fing34: im really trying but im pretty much out of money for now till i get to selling a lot of stuff.

this is a great looking set up, can't wait to see those XCONs in that box finally.

looking good, coming along bro!

Nothing special but i got the back wired up and waiting. Waiting on my buddies shop to get some 1/0 in tomorrow and i gotta run from the battery in the far back up to behind the seat then ill be waiting on the x-cons.

1zck2vc.jpg

1/4 x 2in solid brass bolts. have to cut them down a tad but iv been doing it this way forever and it works like a charm.

You got deadner in the hatch area? I didn't do mine before I installed my 15's and now I'm wishing I would 've. Looking good though, it should wang!

I got my babies and some 1/0 today its going downnnn tonight :D

v668if.jpg

35aq7bk.jpg

30v21cn.jpg

What happened to the left corner on the left woofer in the 1st pic?

What happened to the left corner on the left woofer in the 1st pic?

just a piece of dust haha.

On a bad note though the 1200d ate chit for a second time again so i got to listen to them for ohhhh 20min. Nasty to say the least and they play all kinda music very well. Hopefully i can go to sundown tomorrow and maybe work something out with jake on trading it in for a 1500d for some extra cash.

Here are pics in the box and i need to kill myself i thought i got all the dust out of the box but i guess not. hopefully it didn't get in the gaps of the subs. don't mind the uglynessss

33d9k69.jpg

20qgdgx.jpg

2dvmwkn.jpg

yep time for real power but im broke as broke gets.... maybe i can talk jake into letting me test an amp out for awhile or upgrade my now broken 1200d to a 1500d for the time being.

Even with the dust those subs look great!