ncacoates

Mazda Tribute x-con build

Got some good updates. Finished up the pods the best i could for now i think they turned out pretty good. Also picked up some battery's at roush yates racing that were used for testing on 4 tracks so they have minimal use. Oh and they were 75 bucks for all 3 of them haha. Im hoping the 132 A/h and 360min reserve will do the trick for the 1500d.

qrkr4h.jpg

28vpqvm.jpg

keep those pics coming in :)

Did you get any more of the subs? Vids? They will look great on your team page

Ill try and get some more this week my 90bt took a big shit on me so in the process i striped the car down to nothing trying to figure out the problem. Sure enough the rca shields aren't grounded to the case so i gotta fix that tomorrow and reinstall everything. Battery's, amps, rca cables, remote wires, box, sub's, and who knows what else. :(

Ill try and get some more this week my 90bt took a big shit on me so in the process i striped the car down to nothing trying to figure out the problem. Sure enough the rca shields aren't grounded to the case so i gotta fix that tomorrow and reinstall everything. Battery's, amps, rca cables, remote wires, box, sub's, and who knows what else. :(

this sucks. I have the same deck. Buggy enough with that software.

Yeah the low impedance killed 2 1200d's but the 1500d seems to be fine right now. The software is a tad buggy but i recommend the mod for it, makes life so much better. http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23338

On a side note i love all the features the unit has but there are the minor annoyances but having it as an all in one unit makes me content.

Yeah the low impedance killed 2 1200d's but the 1500d seems to be fine right now. The software is a tad buggy but i recommend the mod for it, makes life so much better. http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23338

On a side note i love all the features the unit has but there are the minor annoyances but having it as an all in one unit makes me content.

hell ya! thanks for that.

posted it in the other section but for anyone out there i found the SOB that was causing all the trouble. little pico fuse all the way on the bottom of the unit

2s9oema.jpg

Edited by MemphisMzd

The unit worked just fine but the rca's were going all crazy. which as you know is usually a bad ground right? so i checked the rca shield to the case and boom no ground what so ever. so it had to be close to the output section on the amp board. long story short narrowed it down to that point and tested the ones in that area till i found it. Sure enough its right under the plug for all the rca's. I'm gonna go to radio shack in the morning in hopes of finding one if not ill solder a couple strands from 1/0 wire across for the time being. Still be able to burn up there instead of something more important.

The unit worked just fine but the rca's were going all crazy. which as you know is usually a bad ground right? so i checked the rca shield to the case and boom no ground what so ever. so it had to be close to the output section on the amp board. long story short narrowed it down to that point and tested the ones in that area till i found it. Sure enough its right under the plug for all the rca's. I'm gonna go to radio shack in the morning in hopes of finding one if not ill solder a couple strands from 1/0 wire across for the time being. Still be able to burn up there instead of something more important.

So I just installed that update. wow! What a difference, everything loads much faster and is better to look at now. I love the speed camera database in this now. Since AZ has got to have the most speed cameras in the country! I just took it out for a test drive, that function is awesome! Warns you about a half mile ahead! lols.

Thanks again for that. Didn't mean to take this thread off topic...

Sounds awesome man i loved the update myself. don't worry about taking it off topic lol.

Doing great Alan. I think we need to bug Mark some more about team stickers and brochures. :P

Doing great Alan. I think we need to bug Mark some more about team stickers and brochures. :P

That we do man i was wondering if you guys had sent them yet and you know im itching for a team sticker or two :P

Update:

After hours of frustration i finally got the 90bt fixed. So the reinstall of everything will go on tonight and into the weeee hours of the morning until i get done. Look forward to a video before the weekend i plan on getting a good one for you guys.

Well no video today guys its raining like a mofo and i finished installing everything before class today so i didn't have a chance. I will say OMGGG though.... It really pounds now with the extra batteries. I didn't believe it at first but my god did it make a difference. My car is like a pop can everything is flexing even my buddies truck parked 2 spots over had some flex on the doors haha. Im really itching to get it on the meter again i have a feeling im gonna be a good deal louder. Im gonna try and get a video tomorrow or maybe later on tonight if i can. Once again im surprised even more by these subs.

So I just installed that update. wow! What a difference, everything loads much faster and is better to look at now. I love the speed camera database in this now. Since AZ has got to have the most speed cameras in the country! I just took it out for a test drive, that function is awesome! Warns you about a half mile ahead! lols.

Thanks again for that. Didn't mean to take this thread off topic...

oh god i need that deck i just got another fing camera ticket im tiered of these things....

ya you would love this thing now ernie. Don't forget to check it out tomorrow when you're over here.

ya you would love this thing now ernie. Don't forget to check it out tomorrow when you're over here.

you know i never go to your house with out going for a spin atleast once.. its like tradition now haha... by the way ill send that box design to night when i get home....

Lets get this thread back on track now lol

Its ok guys i don't mind. Its a damn cool unit if you can get past some of the minor annoyances. To me though if you wanna keep from getting any sort of ticket get yourself a Valintine V1 radar. Slightly pricey but man hase it saved me more times than i can could. It picks up everything imaginable and shows the direction of the signal and the amount of signals.

Its ok guys i don't mind. Its a damn cool unit if you can get past some of the minor annoyances. To me though if you wanna keep from getting any sort of ticket get yourself a Valintine V1 radar. Slightly pricey but man hase it saved me more times than i can could. It picks up everything imaginable and shows the direction of the signal and the amount of signals.

does it get laser.... i hate the new laser guns....

Sure does man. You have to bank on the person in front of you getting hit to warn you though. No matter what you do if he gets you directly its so fast even radar cant help you. It has saved me from laser a good many of times though.

Don't expect wonders but ill have a couple videos up tonight. Really dark and its real humid, for some reason that causes my car to not flex at all. Ill try to get you some good flex tomorrow if i can.

Came out even darker when i uploaded them. you could actually see the subs on my computer. Im really gonna have to get more tomorrow now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxRva7Lxl6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1fERDQGyLY

I removed these videos i have a new one coming up shortly in the SSA section.