Penguin4x4

Rumors of my Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Popping in and saying howdy y'all

Long story short:

I was involved in a car accident around 7PM CST Thursday February 19th.

Not my fault, nor is there any dispute on who was at fault by anyone involved or by workers at the scene (EMS, Volunteer Fire Department, Texas Highway Patrol, Memorial Hermann Life Flight, et al).

I had my seat belt on.

Silver did not make it :sadwavey:

Due largely to legal reasons, what little juicy details I can give are:

I had a clean fracture of both the tibia and fibula on the right leg.

The toenail on my right big toe is now gone.

Moderate amount of bruising all over my right foot and ankle, bruised the bottom of the left foot and another bruise on my left knee.

Paramedics on scene had me Life Flight'd to Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center; Level I Trauma Centers ftmfw

No cast, just a titanium rod and four screws. Talked with at least 3 orthopedic surgeons during my time there, basically if my foot wasn't all screwed up I could probably put a decent amount of weight on it right now; crazy shit.

They released me around 7PM last night and I'm getting better by the hour

I only spent five and a half years with my truck. Rain or shine, ice, snow or sleet, she never let me down, not once. She gave her life protecting mine, and I miss her more and more every day. R.I.P. Silver :sadwavey: :sadwavey: :sadwavey: :sadwavey:

Damn dude........pics of said leg? and silver when u can?

GET WELL

Sorry to hear about that Peng, glad you're getting better. Damn stupid other drivers.

Not even gonna bother trying to waste SSA's bandwidth, so Pics O'Plenty here:

(Anywhere from PG-13 to R depending on how much you like Robin Williams levels of hairiness)

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/Penguin4x4/Wreck/

These pictures of Silver still make me stomach turn :soapbox: :soapbox: :dammit::No: By god she went out fighting like a champ though, and no one can say otherwise :sadwavey:

Damn, sorry to hear about that Peng. I never knew that Silver what white.. Also, noticed no air bags deployed??

Hope you get well soon

Nope, no airbag deployment, hit came from more or less between the driver's side turn signal and driver's side fender flare, far away from the airbag sensors on the front bumper

wow, that sucks. glad you're ok.

the tacoma that was hit last saturday was hit just a little further back then that, left front tire/axle ripped off, and the nose damn near removed from the truck and it's air bags deployed. not that that would have saved your leg....

again, glad you're ok and on your way to feeling better. a much better ride awaits you in the future thanks to this, gotta look for that silver (pun intended) lining.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Dude she did her job. Glad to see you were not more seriously hurt

Just J said, the truck did a good job at protecting you. Sorry you got hurt, and I can sympathize with you on the lost vehicle. :(

Just J said, the truck did a good job at protecting you. Sorry you got hurt, and I can sympathize with you on the lost vehicle. :(

As can i. :(

diagram.jpg

Unit #1 was a 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4 (Couldn't have been going more than 15MPH at the time of impact)

Units #3 and #4 are a 1998 Dodge Ram towing a trailer (Couldn't have been going more than 15MPH at the time of impact)

Unit #2 was me, going ~60 before slamming on the brake pedal.

wow man

glad to see your ok!

looks like u went for a heck of a ride.

but not quite the one me, mike, and another one of our buddies did in mikes dads old truck!

(insert pic mike)

Update: HE HAS INSURANCE!!!!!111111111111111

Ball Crushing to commence in 3...2...1...

Thanks for the graphic support.

Glad your okay. :) ...and that he has insurance.

Insurance guy came and took a look at both vehicles. Apparently I managed to total that fucker's Dodge... OO RAAH!!!!

Their offer was a bit more than retail value + TT&L would be, more than reasonable IMO, so now the battle is half over...all in all its going smoothly...

Somehow getting used to wear this Aircast 23 hours a day, right knee is getting less and less sore by the day, almost have full flex in it. 7.5 more weeks until I can put weight on it, so new auto shopping is being postponed until after A-Kon...

I love how you provide links to better inform us of things lol

WTFAMG? don't tease me.

UPDATE: First Post Op X-Rays. So, a round of applause for...this inanimate titanium rod!

Top View (You can see the break still present in the fibula, the smaller bone to the left of the tibia, if you squint)

img027.jpg

Side View

img026.jpg

My neighbor was in an accident because some twat didn't want to obey a stop sign either. SOAB I hate bad drivers. Glad you made it out ok. RIP silver and your toenail.

Damn man sorry to hear about your accident. I have not been as active as I want to be on here. Glad to see you are recovering and hope you get your legal drama squared heavily in your favor!!!

you should soooo them, they didnt use "washers".

JK JK

hope you get better soon, I suppose no more running after girls....

...OK ill stop it now :)