I have a 2005 4runner Limited with the JBL package. I am about to install my headunit and have already gotten my wiring harness and dash kit, but need to know if there is anything else specific I will need. Seen a few modules that are said to be needed to bypass items in the 4Runner. Not really sure what it meant or if needed. Anyone who has done an install on a 4th Gen 4runner (03-09) please help. Thank you.

There is someone on here that has done a new 4runner. I want to say Audible Customs did one, but I can't say for sure. You could try to search for 4runner builds, and PM the builders. Or maybe someone will just chime in. :)

I have an 05 sport. I recently installed a clarion hu in it. It not does not have the JBL system.

I did not have to bypass any modules. The only thing I am thinking you might need to do is to splice in the power antenna and illumination wires.

Illumination is Pin 12 in your factory harness, it should be whit/green

Power antenna is Pin 13 in you factory harness, it should be black

Hope this helps.

For the JBL system, you'll need this module

But I am going to be taking the factory amp out as I will be installing a new sub and mid/high amp. That is where I got confused.

But I am going to be taking the factory amp out as I will be installing a new sub and mid/high amp. That is where I got confused.

If you're removing everything, then just run new wires and cut the plug off the harness.

If you're removing everything, then just run new wires and cut the plug off the harness.

They have the regular wiring for it with no amp. I think that will work.

Did you happen to pull a plug out of the stock HU that looks like a small antenna plug?

Did you happen to pull a plug out of the stock HU that looks like a small antenna plug?

I think it does. Haven't taken it out in a few months.

I think that is the only plug that did not have any place in the clarion. Does anybody know what that is for? I am thinking it might be an antenna booster, but not sure.